Windows 10: touch pad settings

Discus and support touch pad settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever my finger drifts towards the left side of the touchpad, possibly only the left top, it causes my app or browser that I'm working in to zoom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipSikora, May 1, 2019.

1. touch pad settings

Whenever my finger drifts towards the left side of the touchpad, possibly only the left top, it causes my app or browser that I'm working in to zoom in. I need to disable that but I can't find the setting for it.

:)

PhilipSikora, May 1, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, May 1, 2019
  3. P. Doshi Win User
    Touch Pad Settings

I am using Windows 10 on a HP 15P045TX Laptop. It has a Synaptics SMBus Touch Pad. I have customized certain scrolling and touch settings. However, every time the PC is shut down and restarted, the touch pad gets restored to its default settings. Hence,
    every time I turn on the PC, I have to load a saved Profile for my touch pad settings. Is it not possible that the touch pad would not automatically restore its default settings?

P. Doshi, May 1, 2019
  4. touch pad settings

Windows 10 touch pad settings

When I restart my laptop I loose my touch pad settings, this has happened since window 10 update does anyone have any suggestions? Specifically its the scroll function to the right of the pad?

gordon_1964, May 1, 2019
Thema:

touch pad settings

1. touch pad settings - Similar Threads - touch pad settings

2. Touch Pad/Mouse Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Pad/Mouse Settings: Hello. Is there a way to automatically disable the touch pad when an external mouse is used? I believe there used to be one. I remember when I plug the receiver in for my mouse the touch pad is disabled. And when I remove the receiver for the mouse the touch pad is...
  3. Touch Pad/Mouse Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Pad/Mouse Settings: Hello. Is there a way to automatically disable the touch pad when an external mouse is used? I believe there used to be one. I remember when I plug the receiver in for my mouse the touch pad is disabled. And when I remove the receiver for the mouse the touch pad is...
  4. Touch Pad Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Pad Settings: HiIn my lenovo think pad, some of the touch pad settings were missed, I had attached a snap for your reference.How can I solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-settings/b284bf64-9048-4a2d-9fed-9898bd2730cc
  5. touch pad

touch pad: Hello I installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop a few days ago, but the touchpad has been completely disabled. The driver is not installed in the device manager and it is empty, and now I am working with a physical mouse. In fact, all the drivers are completely and...
  6. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  7. Touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad: How do I disable the touchpad? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 on an HP Pavilion laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/85c0f42e-9ae0-4ba1-ac8a-cd9bf7b98c3e
  8. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  9. touch pad

touch pad: I have an hp windows 10 laptop. I exclusively use the mouse or the touch capability. I want to turn the touch pad off as it gets in the way as i'm typing. how do I do this...
  10. touch pad

touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...