Windows 10: Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete

Discus and support Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Touch pad stopped working. It is not listed in devices. Driver Installer setup does not complete. OS reset failed to solve the problem Need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dr kidwai, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Dr kidwai Win User

Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete

Touch pad stopped working. It is not listed in devices. Driver Installer setup does not complete.

OS reset failed to solve the problem

Need help

:)

Dr kidwai, Sep 12, 2018

2. My touch pad stopped working.

I installed Windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 3000 series and the touch pad stopped working. There is no driver for the touch pad and I have tried to download it from the internet but it does not work. I t says that your device is not compatible. The driver
    is also named as unknown device. I think that is the problem but i still can not solve it. Hope that you can suggest something that works.

AimenSajid, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Lost Touch Pad Driver in Device Manager.

Success! Device Manager>Update Driver>Manually update driver>Find Synopsis Touch pad driver ( found 3 listed were the same> install driver.

This worked but I lost the ability to disable touch pad when a mouse is connected. No check mark. Must be another driver. This 'disable' only worked for one secession. Good try to upgrade THIS driver on line.

ThomasMcCabe, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete

Touch Pad Not working

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete

1. Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete - Similar Threads - Touch pad stopped

2. Touch pad does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad does not work: My PC touch pad recently in the past three days not working, what is the solution?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-does-not-work/b0b45e8b-1919-4c1c-ac53-5528cef77d10
  3. Touch pad does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch pad does not work: My PC touch pad recently in the past three days not working, what is the solution?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-does-not-work/b0b45e8b-1919-4c1c-ac53-5528cef77d10
  4. Touch pad does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touch Pad Driver missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Pad Driver missing: I have recently updated my drivers and i made a restore point for it.After updating drivers, suddenly my trackpad stopped working so i went to device manager to look for the driver HID- touch pad and it wasnt there, when revealing the hidden drivers i could see it but it kept...
  6. Touch Pad Driver missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Pad Driver missing: I have recently updated my drivers and i made a restore point for it.After updating drivers, suddenly my trackpad stopped working so i went to device manager to look for the driver HID- touch pad and it wasnt there, when revealing the hidden drivers i could see it but it kept...
  7. Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers

Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers: I tried to install touchpad drivers in my windows 10 but it is asking to add/remove the existing driver. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-installing-touch-pad-drivers/1c458e20-86fe-4c54-9302-b940098c9dda
  8. My touch pad is not working and device driver is not found

My touch pad is not working and device driver is not found: I turned on my laptop today and the touch pad is not working at all. I tried to trouble shoot it but the device driver for the touch pad is not found either. I did not turn off the touch pad or even run any scans, it's just gone. Can anyone please help me? I plugged in my...
  9. touch pad device install

touch pad device install: After Windows last update couldn't boot, reinstalled Windows but now can't get touch pad to work. Using USB mouse. Found the device hidden, rolled back to old driver, thought I had to uninstall and reinstall the device but can't reinstall, can't find how to download. It is...
  10. Touch pad Driver update.

Touch pad Driver update.: The new widows 10 update put in a driver that won't let me turn off my Touchpad. Had to reinstall my old driver. Do you think they will fix this. Don't know if old driver had a security problem....