Windows 10: Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected

Discus and support Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have noticed that my touchpad will not re-enable itself when my mouse is disconnected. Under my synaptics pointing device setting, I've always had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patslee, Jun 22, 2021.

1. patslee Win User

Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected

I have noticed that my touchpad will not re-enable itself when my mouse is disconnected. Under my synaptics pointing device setting, I've always had "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" checked On. However, it seems that windows thinks I have a mouse plugged in even when there is nothing connected to my laptop. I have a MSI GL62M 7REX running Windows 10. All drivers are up to date, and restarting the computer doesn't do anything. No recent changes to the computer - I can't recall when this first started, as I've always used my laptop as a home comput

:)

patslee, Jun 22, 2021

2. Touch pad won't enable when usb mouse is disconnected

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the touch function of your laptop, let me suggest that you try to connect the USB mouse on a different port on your device. Enable the setting for the touch function of the laptop when the mouse is connected and try
    to remove the mouse and see if the issue persist. You can also try to use a different USB mouse on your device and see if after you remove the mouse, the touch function will not work.

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 22, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Mouse and Touch Pad Issues on Windows 10 with HP Spectra

Since you mentioned that you are using both a touch pad and a wireless mouse, we suggest that you disconnect the wireless mouse from your PC to make sure that this is not the one causing an interference to your touch pad. Also, attempt to connect the wireless
    mouse to another device and observe the mouse behavior from there.

If you find that the wireless mouse is not causing the interference to your device, it means that the touch pad of your device is causing the erratic behavior. It could be that there are substances that are sticking to the touch pad that causes an interference
    in using your device. We suggest that you check if there are moisture or other substance on the surface of the touch pad.

Keep us informed on the results.

David Haz, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected

Touch pad won't enable when usb mouse is disconnected

Is there even a fix for this?

I have used a USB mouse on my laptop and set my settings to disable my touchpad whenever I'm using my mouse. Now, whenever I disconnect the mouse, the touchpad doesn't automatically enable itself and the Settings say the mouse is still connected when it
    clearly is not.

I would appreciate any help leading me in a direction for a fix.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Spiralblitz, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected

1. Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected - Similar Threads - Touch pad won't

2. Touch pad / mouse is not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad / mouse is not responding: Hi My laptop is not responding to the mouse clicks, I am using the touch pad and tried a wireless mouse, still the same problem.. When I click on anything it doesn't make any difference, even the hover is not appearing.. Sometimes it works when I restart it, others it...
  3. Internal Mouse-touch pad mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Mouse-touch pad mouse?: Can anyone tell me how to turn off the internal mouse pad/touchpad??? I am using an external mouse and always do; have never had a problem before with this transaction. This is a new laptop for me, it is a Lenovo running on 10S. I am obviously not very attuned to the terms...
  4. touch pad and mouse problem

touch pad and mouse problem: Hi , I got a mew surface laptop 3 but the touch pad and the mouse is not working properly what I have to do ? and as I have 128 SSD what cloud system is good for me to use . any other recommended thing to know please . thank you. ashu...
  5. inhibit touch pad when a mouse is plugged in

inhibit touch pad when a mouse is plugged in: Shortly after the last windows 10 automatic upgrade I am no longer able to disable my touch pad on my HP laptop - I use to be able to do it so that when an external mouse was detected the internal touch pad was disabled. Can't do that anymore and its a real inconvenience....
  6. mouse and touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse and touch pad: I recently went in and changed my pointer to a custom one and ever sense then when I start up my pc the mouse seems to be invisible. The mouse still works when I cant see it but its a pain to go into settings and re select my mouse every time I start it up. What ive been...
  7. Mouse and touch pad Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and touch pad Issue: My wife and I have identical laptops (I am running Windows 10 Home and she has Windows 10 Pro) and are experiencing the same problem. Periodically the mouse and touch pad stop functioning. The pointer can be moved around the screen but the "click" function does not work. The...
  8. Shortcut to enable touch pad

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to enable touch pad: I have a long standing issue with my touchpad just randomly disabling. This forum has helped loads in trying to fix this but we can't get to the bottom of it. Even had someone open up the laptop to check the hardware but still the same. What I have resorted to is having a...
  9. Mouse and touch pad

Mouse and touch pad: I bought a new mouse. When I plug I install it into the usb port I am not able to automatically disable the touch pad. It's driving me crazy. Why is this so complicated?...
  10. Touch pad Mouse

Touch pad Mouse: Need help with my mouse. During data input, mouse moves and will click on other menus and/or access the cut and paste options. In my word processor, I have lost blocks of data. The same problems happen online on several websites requiring data entry. Really need answer....