Windows 10: touch pad

Discus and support touch pad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I disable the touch pad in Windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/459a2023-583c-43c2-80a3-9b7774e72d48 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillMcG1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. BillMcG1 Win User

touch pad

How do I disable the touch pad in Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

BillMcG1, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Dec 12, 2018
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Dec 12, 2018
  4. touch pad

turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

touch pad

1. touch pad - Similar Threads - touch pad

2. How to install window 10 hid-compliant touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install window 10 hid-compliant touch pad: So, my touchpad doesn't work. I tried googling some answers but most of them shows same answers, but the problem is when i opened my device manager i don't have a HID-compliant touch pad, I already tried updating the Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad and all but i when look at the...
  3. How to install window 10 hid-compliant touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install window 10 hid-compliant touch pad: So, my touchpad doesn't work. I tried googling some answers but most of them shows same answers, but the problem is when i opened my device manager i don't have a HID-compliant touch pad, I already tried updating the Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad and all but i when look at the...
  4. How to install window 10 hid-compliant touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touch pad not working properly in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not working properly in my laptop: Touch pad not working properly in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-working-properly-in-my-laptop/9e29b2f1-19ee-404b-ac05-b79f9670cbb9
  6. Touch pad not working properly in my laptop

Touch pad not working properly in my laptop: Touch pad not working properly in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-working-properly-in-my-laptop/9e29b2f1-19ee-404b-ac05-b79f9670cbb9
  7. Touch pad not working properly in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  9. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  10. Touch pad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not working: my Lenovo ideapad 3's touchpad was having issues since a long time right click wasn't working and instead it does left click i tried everything from bios update to uninstalling driver then restarting laptop but nothing changedi only got this[i did updated my laptop from...