Windows 10: touch pad

Discus and support touch pad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I disable the touch pad in Windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/459a2023-583c-43c2-80a3-9b7774e72d48 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillMcG1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. BillMcG1 Win User

touch pad

How do I disable the touch pad in Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

BillMcG1, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Dec 12, 2018
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Dec 12, 2018
  4. touch pad

turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

touch pad

1. touch pad - Similar Threads - touch pad

2. Touch pad / mouse is not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad / mouse is not responding: Hi My laptop is not responding to the mouse clicks, I am using the touch pad and tried a wireless mouse, still the same problem.. When I click on anything it doesn't make any difference, even the hover is not appearing.. Sometimes it works when I restart it, others it...
  3. touch pad

touch pad: Hello I installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop a few days ago, but the touchpad has been completely disabled. The driver is not installed in the device manager and it is empty, and now I am working with a physical mouse. In fact, all the drivers are completely and...
  4. touch pad cursor disappeared the touch pad doesn't respond to touch!.

touch pad cursor disappeared the touch pad doesn't respond to touch!.: The touchpad on my Yoga seems to have stopped communicating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-cursor-disappeared-the-touch-pad-doesnt/75e2dd0c-686c-4352-b3cd-8946151bfe38
  5. touch pad mouse drifting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch pad mouse drifting: Hello, I am currently having trouble with my mouse. I have a touchpad and my mouse is drifting to either the bottom left corner or the top right corner. I have checked all computer updates, I have tried disabling and reenabling the mouse pad. I have cleaned the area. I...
  6. Touch pad

Touch pad: I have read everything that has been posted on turning off my touch pad and none of the buttons that are being said to be there is there and I am sick of rewriting my stuff because it gets deleted because of the stupid touchpad....
  7. Touch Pad is not responding

Touch Pad is not responding: Hi... It's Sakib. My Laptop's name is Asus TUF FX505GE BQ487T . Windows 10. core i7. For the last few months, I am facing a problem about my laptop's touchpad. Suddenly touchpad has stopped working. I tried my best to solve my touchpad's problem but I couldn't get the...
  8. I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings.: As the subject implies, I can't get my touch pad working. I also don't have any available settings for a touch pad either, almost like I don't have one. I'm on an ASUS TUF Gaming laptop. I've tried downoading and updating drivers to no avail. I can't find anything labeled as...
  9. Touch issue with Elite Pad 900

Touch issue with Elite Pad 900: Hi Everyone. I recently installed widows 10 on my Elite pad 900 tablet. Which driver can help it regain touch capabilities? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-issue-with-elite-pad-900/b2a8e597-6d03-4db2-83f7-844b6974fb89
  10. After change installed windows 10 touch pad not working in my pc asus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After change installed windows 10 touch pad not working in my pc asus: I change my operating system in windows 10 after my touch pad is not working how can i fix this? My pc is asus x543MA pls help me submitted by /u/Icy_Grand5536 [link] [comments]...