Windows 10: Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen

Discus and support Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, First time question here, so thanks in advance for any suggestion.. I've recently purchased a 21" touchscreen monitor in addition to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deltagreen, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen

Hi there,

First time question here, so thanks in advance for any suggestion..

I've recently purchased a 21" touchscreen monitor in addition to a 21:9 3440x1440p 34" LG monitor and a 16:10 3840x2160p 55" TV screen that were already hooked up to my system. The touchscreen has a HDMI input aswell as usb-c for power supply and touch support..

If the touchscreen is set as primary monitor it will work fine, auto calibrate and work as intended..

If another monitor is set as primary monitor, the touch input from the touchscreen monitor will be registered on the said primary monitor instead of the touchscreen..

Now the problem is: I know that the touchscreen setup is set under Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Tablet PC Settings > Setup > Select Pen or Touch > Configuration wizard is supposed to appear but nothing happens..

This did never work until a recent Windows 10 1803 update - at that point i tried the setup button again and all three monitors went gray and i was able to hit enter until i saw the message prompt on the right screen and taped it - all done, the touchscreen was now set as secondary monitor and touch input was registered on the right screen..

A few days ago i installed the 1809 update and again the touch input from my touchscreen is registered on the wrong screen (primary screen) aswell as the touchscreen setup button that is not working anymore (as said it worked only once) and i can't setup the touchscreen on the right monitor..

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the touchscreen drivers with device manager - restarting the pc every time - Windows update (none available)- with and without the touchscreen monitor attached - reattached - all in any possible order and combination - but to no avail..

One strange thing i saw is that instead of only one, two entries in device manager for 'HID compliant touch screen' are present, only one is working.. The one not working is being reinstalled automatically after reboot.. The other one is reinstalled automatically when the touchscreen monitor is hooked.. In both cases the touchscreen setup wizard is not launching.. Calibrating is not an issue, the wizard works fine but since the touchscreen obviously auto calibrates on whatever monitor is set as primary the registered input still shows on the wrong screen..

I think there's simply an issue with the 'Configure touch display' setup wizard.. Do you think this is a known issue (couldn't find anything on this by googling) is there a way to re-enable or to reset that wizard..?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and thoughts, any help is highly appreciated..

Sincerely,

:)

deltagreen, Feb 24, 2019
  2. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Feb 24, 2019
  3. How to get Two Touchscreen Monitors to work on one PC with Windows 10.1

Thank you for your concern.

I have tried Mr. Verzoli's suggestion, although I could not check drivers through Nvidia, as Edge refused to setup needed Java. But I updated by help of TweakBit Driver Updater, which as you suggested, detected many outdated drivers. All were updated including
    my two monitors: Primary: Idek Iiyama PL2735M which works by touch as described in my original post, and still does, and secondary: Dell E2014T, which did not work as touch - and still does not after driver update.

Cables for primary is HDMI+USB. Cables for secondary is VGA+USB

Thank you.

K.BRØNNUM, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Crivens Win User

Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen

Touchscreen as second monitor

I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not the laptop screen. I also, in Win8.1, set the touch and tablet settings so that the touchscreen was identified as the laptop screen. Before the tablet setting was changed then using the laptop touchscreen effected the external monitor setup as the primary screen. Once the tablet setting was changed then it all worked brilliantly, with some small issues with screen resolution (3840x2160 laptop screen vs 1920x1080 external monitors).

Now I have updated to Win10, then I think most of the small screen resolution issues have gone (some new ones seem to have appeared, but I'm sure they will iron out over the next few months), but it has reverted to the touchscreen only being for the primary display. So I touch the laptop screen, and it effects the external monitor set as primary display.

Annoyingly I can't find the tablet setting that allowed you to state which display should be effected by the touchscreen. As Win10 is very new then I can't find documentation on how to change this.

Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 10?

Cheers

Crivens, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen

1. Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen - Similar Threads - Touch Setup Wizard

2. Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen: I have a custom-built PC with a 32" 4k Monitor. I have a 16" secondary touchscreen monitor. Everything works fine but what I'm trying to do is lock the touchscreen to the secondary monitor.I do a lot of work on my computer where sometimes things are hard to read, and I need...
  3. Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen: I have a custom-built PC with a 32" 4k Monitor. I have a 16" secondary touchscreen monitor. Everything works fine but what I'm trying to do is lock the touchscreen to the secondary monitor.I do a lot of work on my computer where sometimes things are hard to read, and I need...
  4. One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11: This question wasn't quite answered by moderator Kirk -MSFT from Jay Bowen on June 6, 2022.The issue I'm having is the new touchscreen works as a touchscreen if it is set as the main default screen. I can use the touch functionality on that screen as it should be. However,...
  5. One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11

One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11: This question wasn't quite answered by moderator Kirk -MSFT from Jay Bowen on June 6, 2022.The issue I'm having is the new touchscreen works as a touchscreen if it is set as the main default screen. I can use the touch functionality on that screen as it should be. However,...
  6. Multiple Touchscreen Monitors on Windows 11

Multiple Touchscreen Monitors on Windows 11: I have an HP ENYY Laptop with an internal touch screen. It's using an i7 11800 CPU with Intel UHD Graphics and also has an onboard NVIDIA RTA 3060 GPU connected to the external HDMI connector.When I connect 1 external Touch Screen Monitor to either UHD via USB or RTX via HDMI...
  7. Multiple Touchscreen Monitors on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Touchscreen Monitors on Windows 11: I have an HP ENYY Laptop with an internal touch screen. It's using an i7 11800 CPU with Intel UHD Graphics and also has an onboard NVIDIA RTA 3060 GPU connected to the external HDMI connector.When I connect 1 external Touch Screen Monitor to either UHD via USB or RTX via HDMI...
  8. setting multiple touch monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting multiple touch monitors: My question is. Why has Microsoft moved or removed the option to calibrate touch to a non primary monitor? I have two touch monitors. secondary is turned like a tablet, and only the primary can be used for touch. I once had it set up, but it has reverted back and can no...
  9. how does one set up multiple monitors in MSFS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how does one set up multiple monitors in MSFS?: how can I set up 3 monitors in MSFS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-set-up-multiple-monitors-in-msfs/1bfb7ef1-991a-4b74-88aa-ab9f1aeb483f
  10. Setup wizard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup wizard: I am trying to download epic games installer on my windows 10 hp touchsmart 15 but it keeps saying that installation ended prematurely can somebody help me out please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple monitors with one being touchscreen

2. touch screen multiple monitor configuration

3. touch screen wizard iiyama

4. touch screen multiple monitors,
  5. multiple screen setup wizad,
  6. setup 2 touchscreens on windows 10