Windows 10: Touch Screen and Bluetooth no longer recognized by Windows 10

Discus and support Touch Screen and Bluetooth no longer recognized by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 Two-in-One machine. It runs on Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.900. This system comes originally with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EduardoM_XPS-13-9365, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Touch Screen and Bluetooth no longer recognized by Windows 10

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 Two-in-One machine. It runs on Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.900.

This system comes originally with touchscreen and bluetooth enable. They were both working without any issues until the last few Windows updates.

BLUETOOTH

First, the bluetooth mouse stopped working and I thought the mouse was the issue and after trouble shooting it several times, changinf batteries, etc., I decided to no longer use it, returning to the touchpad device included in my system. A few weeks later I tried to use bluetooth speakers and they did not work.

I have tried everything I could to figure this out, researching online in forums, websites, etc. However, I was not able to find any answers that could resolve the problem. I ended up calling Dell and scheduled a Dell technician to assist with the issue paid service, as my machine is no longer under the Dell warranty. The Dell service, to say the least, was horrible and they were not able to provide any solutions. I continue to have a machine without bluetooth. I know it is a software issue, as one of my attempts to make it work, I was able to activate bluetooth, but one of the two Dell technicians working remotely on my machine recovery the computer several times. I can no longer find how I was able to activate the bluetooth, but I know I found a driver that worked and it was on for at least until the Dell technician recovery the system.

TOUCHSCREEN

The touchscreen is another nightmare. I have researched as much as the bluetooth and have also included in the Dell service request, to no avail.

I have troubleshooted and I figured out the function is not even available in the new Windows 10 updated OS. I went to "Turn Windows features on or off" and the touchscreen option is not even listed. BTW - I did not see anything related to bluetooth either.

At the moment, my machine does not recognize bluetooth or touchscreen and I have exhausted all my resources to try to find a solution. I am appealing to Microsoft and this Forum to find a solution. Please keep in mind that I have already run all troubleshooting features and tried several turn on/off features in several parts of the OS device manager, regedit, turn windows features on or off, etc..

Your help is greatly appreciated and I hope that someone smarter than me can assist in finding a solution to this problems I am sure the solution will be something simple and easy to install, I just do not know what yet. Please help!

:)

EduardoM_XPS-13-9365, Jul 2, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Jul 2, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Touch Screen and Bluetooth no longer recognized by Windows 10

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Touch Screen and Bluetooth no longer recognized by Windows 10

1. Touch Screen and Bluetooth no longer recognized by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touch Screen Bluetooth

2. Windows installator does not recognize touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installator does not recognize touch screen: I am trying to install Windows 8.1 on my Toshiba WT8-B tablet. After I enter the setup, I cannot do literally nothing, because I just cannot click anything. I use MicroUSB -> USB adapter and I only have one USB port in it. Can anybody help me?...
  3. Windows installator does not recognize touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installator does not recognize touch screen: I am trying to install Windows 8.1 on my Toshiba WT8-B tablet. After I enter the setup, I cannot do literally nothing, because I just cannot click anything. I use MicroUSB -> USB adapter and I only have one USB port in it. Can anybody help me?...
  4. Bluetooth no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer recognized: Hi! I need help.Yesterday I had no problem with the Bluetooth I use the Mini Google as the output audio. Today it shows as though my PC does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have Windows 11, and there is nowhere in setting where I can turn on or off Bluetooth. The only...
  5. Bluetooth no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth no longer recognized: Hi! I need help.Yesterday I had no problem with the Bluetooth I use the Mini Google as the output audio. Today it shows as though my PC does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have Windows 11, and there is nowhere in setting where I can turn on or off Bluetooth. The only...
  6. my touch screen no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch screen no longer works: so i was trying to fix a USB problem i was having and in the process i somehow got rid of my touchscreen. [ATTACH] so there was another device named the same as the one circled so there were 2 with the same name and so i deleted the first one i was trying to fix a USB...
  7. touch screen no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen no longer working: touch screen stopped working tonight. it worked earlier today. all updates and security are current. anybody else experiencing this? don't know if my lab puppy stepped on keyboard and changed something by mistake....
  8. Camera is no longer recognized by Windows 10?

Camera is no longer recognized by Windows 10?: Hi, guys. My camera's always been recognized. Not anymore. The sound is still coming, but it also says that a device is connected via usb. But now I can not find the camera anymore. Otherwise it always worked. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!...
  9. Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?

Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?: I don't know if it's because of the updates, or what, but my bluetooth headset's microphone isn't being recognized anymore! What is this? I can't find it no matter what I try... It wont show up, but it has worked before. My computer also didn't want to recognize my headset,...
  10. Bluetooth no longer recognized after software update

Bluetooth no longer recognized after software update: Hello, After installing an automatic update on August 3rd before going to bed, I came back to my computer today to find that the bluetooth was no longer functioning. I usually use bluetooth only for connecting a wireless speaker, which occasionally has trouble connecting...