Windows 10: Touch screen being disabled, since Windows 8

Discus and support Touch screen being disabled, since Windows 8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touch screen randomly won't work, only to find that it's disabled in Device Manager. "USB Input Device" is what it shows up as. I believe it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swordsx48, Oct 7, 2015.

1. swordsx48 Win User

Touch screen being disabled, since Windows 8

My touch screen randomly won't work, only to find that it's disabled in Device Manager. "USB Input Device" is what it shows up as. I believe it's a software I have installed that may be interfering. Help would be very much appreciated!

:)

swordsx48, Oct 7, 2015
  2. rupalib22 Win User

Laptop Touch screen stopped working after upgrade to windows 10 as well as restore to windows 8

I am having HP Pavilion Laptop with touch screen with Windows 8 installed. I upgraded to windows 10 and the touch screen stopped working. Hence restored to windows 8 but still the touch screen is not working though I tried disabling and re-enabling through
    Device Manager. pls suggest the remedy

rupalib22, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Why is the action center in windows 10 keep opening.

I found that my problem was due to my Touch Screen being faulty. Once I was able to disable the Touch Screen the problem went away.

PhilHolmes232, Oct 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Click on the search button and type Control. This will give you the desktop (classic) version of Control Panel. Click to open it. Click View as Large icons to see all controls rather than groups. Click on Programs and Features. Let it finish loading and then examine the list carefully. You should be able to identify any utility relative to the touch screen. Uninstall it and see if your screen works now.

Your problem probably arises since there is a conflict between the utility trying to enable the touch feature and Windows own method for that.

spapakons, Oct 7, 2015
  5. swordsx48 Win User
    The problem occurs far less, but still exists. There really weren't any programs related to the touch screen so it might have been an update that fixed this up. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

swordsx48, Feb 19, 2016
  6. spapakons Win User
    Don't have any other suggestions. Probably Windows Update replaced the problematic driver with a newer working driver. Good news!

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Touch screen being disabled, since Windows 8 - Similar Threads - Touch screen being

2. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  3. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  4. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  5. Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen: My screen was slightly ajar, so I pushed it back in, but there was a magnet which IS supposed to be there out of place, which coursed the screen to crack but at only the lower left corner. The crack is activating the touch screen and is constantly opening the windows menu. I...
  6. Disable Touch Pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Touch Pad: How can I disable the touchpad on my new HP laptop when there is no touchpad tab under devices? I use a mouse exclusively, and have a difficult time not touching the touch pad when I type. It's really annoying to have to keep searching for my cursor....
  7. Touch Screen Functions disabled

Touch Screen Functions disabled: I just got a new touch screen laptop then I changed the version from the latest windows 10 1909 to 2019 version of 1809 windows 10. After I switched then moved my finger on the screen nothing happened, and my narrator read nothing. The touch screen function has disabled, and...
  8. Touch Screen is CRAZY. Is there a command to disable touch screen while in safe mode?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Screen is CRAZY. Is there a command to disable touch screen while in safe mode?...: The touch screen has issues - it makes dots all over screen, acts crazily. Some time ago, I disabled touch screen using control panel (?) which enabled me to use the computer just fine. The Oct. 2019 Windows update turned the touch screen back on. The screen is so crazy it...
  9. Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to...

Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to...: Hello, After having looked all over the internet, and being called back by an employer of Microsoft, who couldn't help me either, I turn to you guys, hoping that there is someone out there who knows the solution to this problem. Since a few years my Dell XPS touch screen...
  10. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an input device that enables you to interact directly with what is displayed, rather than using a mouse, touchpad, or other such...