Windows 10: Touch Screen - Device Migrated

Discus and support Touch Screen - Device Migrated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touch screen no long works on my HP Pavilion x360. In the device manager, it says the device migrated. What does that mean? How can I get the touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drbarbarafoster, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Touch Screen - Device Migrated

My touch screen no long works on my HP Pavilion x360. In the device manager, it says the device migrated. What does that mean? How can I get the touch screen to work again. Thank you, Barbara

:)

drbarbarafoster, Aug 14, 2020

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Screen - Device Migrated

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Touch Screen - Device Migrated

1. Touch Screen - Device Migrated - Similar Threads - Touch Screen Device

2. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Following a Windows 10 upgrade I've lost use of one bluetooth soundbar. Here's what I know:There is not a soundbar problem. The soundbar works with my Mac, and with a USB. My Windows 10 troubleshooter says that for that soundbar, "headphones" are not plugged in.The soundbar...
  3. Device Migration

Device Migration: What would prevent a device from being migrated and is this really a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-migration/4bde4cbb-cc21-411d-bcf5-3b91e98c7f8b
  4. DEVICE NOT MIGRATED

DEVICE NOT MIGRATED: [ATTACH] Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{6bda5306-f8a5-4123-bd69-8232c26d2faf} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{494008f4-7af7-49e5-aa64-7ee569154693} Class Guid:...
  5. device not migrated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device not migrated: upgrading to win 10 from 7 and keyboard on laptop not working device details show device not migrated how can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-migrated/2dc0e73f-c92f-4a9e-9be8-f4183679d1f9
  6. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: Hello, After a Windows 10 update today the speakers do not work. In the LG Ultrawide events screen there is this... Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{d82c1427-b7ce-48fb-9340-1a163a6a7810} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  7. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I am getting several "device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match". on the Events tab in Properties page. What does this mean and how can I fix it. Please help....
  8. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I'm connecting a USB disk device to my machine. I've tried updating drivers, using a different USB port and not joy. The message in the events log reads as shown below. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_JMicron&Prod_Generic\000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  9. Device Not Migrated

Device Not Migrated: I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally...
  10. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not migrated: In device manager, Network Adapters. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, it is showing that device not migrated..Tried uninstalling ..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/device-not-migrated/76728f32-ce35-4123-973e-2bda95e2b01b