Windows 10: Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website

Discus and support Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, after resetting and re installing windows 10 on my HP Stream 7 tablet, none of the drivers are working including touch screen, audio, battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kayaan, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Kayaan Win User

Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website

Hi all, after resetting and re installing windows 10 on my HP Stream 7 tablet, none of the drivers are working including touch screen, audio, battery percentage, rotation. They are not showing up at all in device manager! For example touch screen is not working, tried literally everything but cannot get it to work. works in bios but not windows. After I tried installing from HP's website it said "devcon.exe failed". This is really weird because there is nothing about touch screen in device manager. I went to windows update and pressed check for updates but none! Why si it not being recognized but working in bios.

:)

Kayaan, Oct 15, 2020

2. Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website

Touch screen

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

As per your description it seems that maybe your touch screen does not have the latest drivers. I would suggest you to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.

You can follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
      Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate touch screen and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.
    If the above method doesn't helps, please try uninstalling and installing touch screen from device manager.

Hope this helps. Pleas post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website

1. Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website - Similar Threads - Touch Screen driver

2. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  3. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  4. Touch screen drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen drivers: Hi i have a KOGAN ATLAS GO 13.3" - KALAP13S300VA 2in1 device that i upgraded the HDD and reinstalled W10 on and now the touch screen isn't working.Can someone pls point me in the right direction of the drivers??Many thanksSean...
  5. How to install touch screen drivers?

How to install touch screen drivers?: How to install hid touch screen drivers? for lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-touch-screen-drivers/6b7175b3-e106-47de-bd70-c88999b03ca2
  6. Touch Screen Driver

Touch Screen Driver: My touch screen laptop runs Windows 10 has recently lost it's touch screen driver. I have noticed that recently my touch screen no longer works. I followed a walkthrough to troubleshoot the problem and the guide said to uninstall and reinstall the touch screen driver....
  7. Driver Management concluded the process to install computer manufacturers drivers

Driver Management concluded the process to install computer manufacturers drivers: The type of error I am getting on all my system drivers is All these drivers were installed from the computer manufacturer and worked windows update is now putting there own drivers in and saying they are working, when I try to reinstall it says best driver installed there...
  8. Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop: Can I download and install a Microsoft touch screen driver on a laptop that does not have touch screen facilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-touch-screen-drivers-on-a-non-touch/75eb4d54-e753-4ed2-957a-1460cc68f05c
  9. HiD Compliant Touch Screen Driver Missing From Device manager and Touch does-not respond

HiD Compliant Touch Screen Driver Missing From Device manager and Touch does-not respond: I own an HP Elitebook 840 G1 touch-screen computer now runningWindows 10 pro v.10.0.19041 on Intel Core i7-4600U. x64 architecture For a about a month now the touch display hasn't been responding and I discovered a couple of weeks ago that there was no HiD Compliant Touch...
  10. Unable to install Realtek driver from the manufacturer website

Unable to install Realtek driver from the manufacturer website: I tried to install Realtek driver from the manufacturer website because Windows’ driver is working really bad with terrible sound. I went to the Realtek website and the installation process started but I was surprised to see that an old driver version was installed rather...