Windows 10: Touch Screen help

Discus and support Touch Screen help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own a Toshiba Satellite C75D-C7232 with Windows 10 home 64 bit. The laptop has a tablet mode that when I purchased showed that could be used as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaylaGibson3, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Touch Screen help

I own a Toshiba Satellite C75D-C7232 with Windows 10 home 64 bit. The laptop has a tablet mode that when I purchased showed that could be used as a touchscreen. Since I have owned this laptop I have never been able to get the touch screen to work.

I went to the Device Manager and checked the HIDs, all are enabled but non say anything about the touch screen. I have tried to find a download for the driver and even searched the catalog, however when I went to download it winzip just pops up and there is never any software downloaded. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please help

:)

KaylaGibson3, Aug 15, 2020

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Touch Screen help

Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Touch Screen help

1. Touch Screen help - Similar Threads - Touch Screen help

2. Touch Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Screen: I have lost the capability to use my touch screen on my Dell Inspiron. I have restarted several times. Nothing. When I go to Device Manager the HID compliant touch screen is not there. I have looked for hidden devices. Nothing. Where can I get the driver for the touch screen?...
  3. Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen: I have 2 touch screens one with a pc behind it and another that is just a screen. The touch screen of the one with the pc works like it should. But I can use the touch screen on the second one. I want both of these screen to be running the exact same programs and still work....
  4. Help with reactivation touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with reactivation touch screen: I have a lenovo laptop and i want to reactivate the touchscreen but i forgot how i deactivated it. I tried going through "device manager" but it say it is enabled, is there any other way you can turn on/off touchscreen, like maybe in the windows10 settings. If so where....
  5. Touch screen not working, Please help!!

Touch screen not working, Please help!!: Hi, i currently have a samsung galaxybook 2, on windows 10, im certain this device has touchscreen but i have no idea how to turn it on. I have visited many websites to find help and most of them have told me to visit the Device Manager, and to turn it on through Human...
  6. Touch screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch screen: Hello, I need the help of some professionals. I have to adapt an Asus Transformer Book T101HA-GR030T 10.1 "WXGA Touch Notebook for an industrial application. I need to glue a 4mm thick protective glass. Please let me know if you can help me increase the sensitivity of the...
  7. touch screen

touch screen: calibration does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen/d93859ca-1c65-4ab9-ad50-44ec8cb30094
  8. touch screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch screen: Can I convert my Acer Windows 10 Laptop to touchscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen/074f6c8a-079e-42c7-a209-7c04f5e3cf53
  9. touch screen

touch screen: Has Microsoft corrected the problems they were having in Windows 10 with the Touch Screen stopped working after 6 months, All in One 23" Screen Thank you, T. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-screen/b1214533-1abe-476c-9ea8-c97c952ccb0a
  10. touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch screen: Touch screen is not working, how do I re-activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/touch-screen/60a4f0a7-015b-4e6e-b419-6995f4141244