Windows 10: touch screen no longer working

Discus and support touch screen no longer working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; touch screen stopped working tonight. it worked earlier today. all updates and security are current. anybody else experiencing this? don't know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barbararoach, Oct 18, 2020.

1. touch screen no longer working

touch screen stopped working tonight. it worked earlier today. all updates and security are current. anybody else experiencing this? don't know if my lab puppy stepped on keyboard and changed something by mistake.

:)

barbararoach, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Oct 18, 2020
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 18, 2020
  4. touch screen no longer working

Touch screen not working on Windows 10

My Yoga 13 touch screen doesn't work either after latest update. Was working on August 29th. System info shows it has no pen or touch screen device.

behrwithme, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

touch screen no longer working

1. touch screen no longer working - Similar Threads - touch screen longer

2. Touch Screen Not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Not working.: I have HP EliteBook 820 laptop. I was working and suddenly my laptop touchscreen stop working. Now I am trying hard and try all possible solution. I think some shortcut key is press by me so that why it turn off or not working. If any solution please tell me....
  3. Touch screen not working!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch screen not working!!!: I have a touch screen that I bought on amazon but it dose not want to work on my pc. Before it use to work but now it doesn't. I am NOT using a laptop and I don't see HID-compliant touch screen. The only way I do see it is when I go to view show hidden devices. I even tried...
  4. my touch screen no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch screen no longer works: so i was trying to fix a USB problem i was having and in the process i somehow got rid of my touchscreen. [ATTACH] so there was another device named the same as the one circled so there were 2 with the same name and so i deleted the first one i was trying to fix a USB...
  5. touch screen no longer works after win 10 update

touch screen no longer works after win 10 update: I have tried resetting, testing in bios mode, device manager recommendations and everything that I have found online without any success. I did however learn that the HP touchscreens are now a win 10 controlled device/issue and they are trying to fix it, have been for a...
  6. touch screen not working.

touch screen not working.: Hello, I installed windows 10 on my Ematic1118 ns. I need the display driver. Ematic wont respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-not-working/df8564d1-e36e-425a-9470-0dba6c875fbc
  7. Touch Screen not Working

Touch Screen not Working: I have a touch screen attached to my desktop that is not working. I have upgraded to the latest version of WIndows 3/17/2020. When I look at HID devices, there is no HID for touchscreen. On the system screen it explicitly states "No Pen or Touch input is available for this...
  8. Arc Touch Mouse no longer working

Arc Touch Mouse no longer working: I have had this mouse since about 2014 and I have never had a single problem with it, but after this last update it no longer connects or even registers as Arc Touch in my system settings. I have tried everything they have said to reconnect it, but none of it works. Is there...
  9. touch screen not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen not working: touch pad and keyboard work but since last two updates in the last two days, my touch screen does not respong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-not-working/8874f04d-99f3-441a-b596-71a330aa8c99
  10. Touch screen not working

Touch screen not working: I am on a Dell Venue 10 Pro 5055, and I just installed Windows 10. I looked in device management, and the touch screen device, HID-compliant touch screen device is missing, i have tried troubleshooting, and i don't have a "hardware and devices troubleshooter" option, even...