Windows 10: touch screen no longer works after win 10 update

Discus and support touch screen no longer works after win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried resetting, testing in bios mode, device manager recommendations and everything that I have found online without any success. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnPike4, Sep 23, 2020.

1. JohnPike4 Win User

touch screen no longer works after win 10 update

I have tried resetting, testing in bios mode, device manager recommendations and everything that I have found online without any success.

I did however learn that the HP touchscreens are now a win 10 controlled device/issue and they are trying to fix it, have been for a year ever since I ordered the comp.

Any words of wisdom, anyone? This is a newer computer with a very high end processor, I would love for it to work.

:)

JohnPike4, Sep 23, 2020

2. Will Win 10 work on non-touch screen or screens?

I need to upgrade three devices to Win 10. One is a single monitor touch screen and two are not. One that is not touch-screen has two monitors.

• Will Win 10 work on the single monitor non-touch-screen device?
    • Will Win 10 work on the two-monitor non-touch non-touch device?

N.F. Jackson, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Sep 23, 2020
  4. touch screen no longer works after win 10 update

Touch screen not working on Windows 10

My Yoga 13 touch screen doesn't work either after latest update. Was working on August 29th. System info shows it has no pen or touch screen device.

behrwithme, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

touch screen no longer works after win 10 update

1. touch screen no longer works after win 10 update - Similar Threads - touch screen longer

2. my touch screen no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch screen no longer works: so i was trying to fix a USB problem i was having and in the process i somehow got rid of my touchscreen. [ATTACH] so there was another device named the same as the one circled so there were 2 with the same name and so i deleted the first one i was trying to fix a USB...
  3. my touch sreen no longer works after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    my touch sreen no longer works after last update: my touch screen wont work after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-sreen-no-longer-works-after-last-update/61ad912a-7cfa-4956-bda6-8c0d7265f80b
  4. touch screen no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen no longer working: touch screen stopped working tonight. it worked earlier today. all updates and security are current. anybody else experiencing this? don't know if my lab puppy stepped on keyboard and changed something by mistake....
  5. after windows 10 update, touch screen will not work

after windows 10 update, touch screen will not work: I have tried so many things that im at my wits ends. Tried uninstalling updates, tried going back to a restore point, tried to factory reset hp desktop -it will not let me factory rest- reset fails The device manager shows all drivers and allows touch screen to work when...
  6. Touch screen is not working after Windows update

Touch screen is not working after Windows update: So I got my laptop a few years ago and my touchscreen used to work when it was in tablet mode. One day the touch screen started working intermittently the suddenly stopped working altogether and that was round about the time my system updated to widows 10. I just thought it...
  7. Touch screen not working after Windows update.

Touch screen not working after Windows update.: I have an Acer Aspire R7 and have had touchscreen problems since a few weeks after I got it. Initially the touchscreen worked fine, then it stopped, started, stopped started etc. It would work fine for a few days, then just stop. After spending hours on the phone to Acer,...
  8. Touch screen doesnt work after latest update

Touch screen doesnt work after latest update: Hi, What I have: Porsche Book One. Running: Win 10 Pro Version: 1803 Build: 17134.228 Problem 1: After latest update (1803) the touchscreen doesnt work anymore, like it is non-responsive whatsoever Problem 2: Touchpad doesnt turn off. There is a shortcut key to...
  9. Touch screen quit working after update to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen quit working after update to windows 10: When I updated my computer to windows 10 from 8.1 the touch screen quit working. I have called into windows and they told me the drivers are incompatible and I need to downgrade back. But I can't seem to find where to find my product key or anything for the windows that came...
  10. win 10 no longer boots after update

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 no longer boots after update: I have now had three PC's from different manufacturers, but all using different Foxconn boards with the Intel H61 chipset and UEFI bios, all upgraded from Win 7 that have failed after a Win 10 update. By failed I am saying that on trying to boot, fans start, but clearly the...