Windows 10: Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552

Discus and support Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my touch screen stopped working and I checked "Device Manager" "Show Hidden Devices" there was no HID-Compliant Touch Screen, so I hope... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TBNRbatman47455, May 21, 2020.

1. Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552

Hi,

Recently my touch screen stopped working and I checked "Device Manager" "Show Hidden Devices" there was no HID-Compliant Touch Screen, so I hope to find a solution.

Regards,

TBNRbatman47455

:)

TBNRbatman47455, May 21, 2020

2. Dell inspiron 15 3552 Touch screen

Hi Precious,

The problem you've experienced with your Touchscreen may be caused by having outdated drivers or could be a driver incompatibility. Noting the troubleshooting steps you've tried, we suggest performing the below troubleshooting steps to help us diagnose and
    address this problem:

Run the troubleshooter

• In the Cortana search bar, type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting from the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • From the list, click Hardware and Devices.
    • Hit Next, and let the troubleshooter run through.

Disable/Re-enable the Touchscreen

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Human Interface Devices category.
    • Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen and select
      Disable
    • Once disabled, right-click it again and click Enable.

Rollback the Drivers

Since installing the latest device drivers did not address the problem, we suggest rolling back the drivers.

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Human Interface Devices category.
    • Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen and select
      Properties
    • Click the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver.

Let us know how it goes so we can further check on the problem.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 21, 2020
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Dell inspiron 15 3552 Touch screen

You need to resolve the problem of your Dell BIOS update before trying anything else at all. The BIOS controls all your hardware. OK, if you want to you can do the step in para 18 now but then get on with the BIOS update.

• Go to
      Dell support
    • enter your Dell Service Tag,
    • select Drivers & downloads,
    • check that the correct OS is displayed,
    • there is a BIOS section so click on its arrow to expand it,
    • find the latest one,
    • click on View details,
    • read the page to make sure it is intended for your computer,
    • click on Download file.
    • This is always an .exe file so when it has downloaded you can just run it.
    • If you have any problems doing this then post back.

then

12 If you complete the BIOS update without any problems then go back to step 4 & click on the
    Guide me tab then click on Detect drivers.

Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552 7417a867-0bbf-41ef-a0cc-e13ccf95e3a3.png

13 Then let it install its utility on your computer and scan for every required Dell utility update & hardware driver update.

14 Use your PrntScrn key to capture the list of what is being updated [see
    Capturing screen contents - the PrntScrn key, Win-Shift-S, the Snipping tool and Screenshots - Forum article
    ]

15 Download & install them all.

16 Check the list for display adapter updates [this is listed in the Dell drivers & downloads page under the heading Video]. If it is not one of the ones you have just updated then download its latest version and reinstall it yourself so you know any old
    corruption has been overwritten.

17 Then come back here and say how you have got on.

18 I also advise you to disable all Windows updates for hardware because Windows update often gets it wrong and this might be what has been causing your recurring problems. You will have to check Dell for updates frequently and also other hardware makers
    such as that for your printer. You can turn off all hardware updates in System,
    Advanced, Hardware, Device Installation Settings,
    No
    , Save changes. But this is a blunt tool - you cannot pick & choose, it is all or nothing. Since I only trust Dell & my other hardware makers to issue updated drivers, I am happy to turn this off to avoid getting my hardware messed up.

Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552 08391dff-6678-4f97-9e6e-be0b84236256.png

Denis

Tryx3, May 21, 2020
  4. Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552

Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 10 version 1903 and my touch screen stopped working. Any suggestions I can try to get it back up and working?

Beckymeyer2, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552

1. Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552 - Similar Threads - Touch Screen working

2. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  3. Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10: For the last few days my touchpad has stopped working on windows 10. My system has a dual boot setup. I have installed windows 10 and ubuntu on my system. Touchpad works fine in Ubuntu, but has problems in windows 10. There was an article regarding updating the driver, but I...
  4. In-Built Keyboard not working with Dell Inspiron 15

In-Built Keyboard not working with Dell Inspiron 15: Hi, I restarted my laptop yesterday and just without any updates the laptop keyboard had stopped working. First i updated laptop and restarted, it didnt work. Then i uninstalled the keyboard drivers standard/ps2 and restarted the laptop, still didnt work. Then i...
  5. Dell Inspiron a-3552 keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron a-3552 keeps shutting down: I got a computer that was almost new. the 1st owner may have caused issue but they couldn't explain what they did. I removed their profile. the computer will alternate on cutting down after a new minutes or may run awhile. sometimes, it will load but will be flashing on...
  6. Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 10 version 1903 and my touch screen stopped working. Any suggestions I can try to get it back up and working?...
  7. Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.

Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.: Hi,I am using DELL Inspiron 15-5568 (2-in-1) and it has installed Windows 10 Home Single Language in it,everything was working fine but the previous update the auto rotation has totally disappeared. I tried many things seeing from the internet but nothing worked ,there is no...
  8. Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.: Hi,I am using DELL Inspiron 15-5568 (2-in-1) and it has installed Windows 10 Home Single Language in it,everything was working fine but the previous update the auto rotation has totally disappeared. I tried many things seeing from the internet but nothing worked ,there is no...
  9. gaming in laptop dell inspiron 15-3552

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaming in laptop dell inspiron 15-3552: can I play simulation games ,pubg in my lap with these specifications: processor-intel Celeron cpu n3060 ram-4gb 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-in-laptop-dell-inspiron-15-3552/c47d1849-6e13-4874-9e27-12b69e54cbfc
  10. dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working

dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working: my husband recently buy me a dell Inspiron 15 I am very upset because I have tried everything they suggested to switch from laptop to tablet mode and nothing seem to work that's very disappointed for me because I have RA, and SLE disease and severe osteoporosis: I need help...