Windows 10: Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users

Discus and support Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a strange issue that I can reproduce with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. If I log in as user 1 and use it for a bit, then switch to user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by revslowmo, Dec 12, 2016.

1. revslowmo Win User

Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users

I have had a strange issue that I can reproduce with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. If I log in as user 1 and use it for a bit, then switch to user two. The touch screen and pen stop working. I have the keyboard cover with mouse and that still works. If I switch back to user 1 it all works again. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but this catches me as a strange problem. I cant seem to find anyone else with this problem. Restarting and login as the user you want to work fixes it every time, but then the other user cant use the pen and touch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. --Richard

:)

revslowmo, Dec 12, 2016
  2. KyleIT74 Win User

Bluetooth not working properly after Creators Update

Our M3600 mice stopped working with our Surface Pro 4s completely for thankfully only one user so far, though not very many users use their m3600 mice we give them (who likes to work from home after working at work? Not I)

The surface pen the user has, which is bluetooth, works just fine.

KyleIT74, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Pen softwear not installed on Surface Pro 2 after installing Windows 10

I've just completed the Windows 10 upgrade on my Surface Pro 2 that was running Windows 8.1 Pro. The pen no longer works and in control panel in Touch and Pen setup the pen option is no longer there. Grateful for advice on how to get the pen working
    again.

DavidWhite10, Dec 12, 2016
  4. revslowmo Win User

I can not find any info on anyone else having this problem. 49 views and no suggestions mean maybe I need a reinstall.

revslowmo, Dec 14, 2016
  5. The exact same problem happens with me. There is 4 user profiles on my Surface Book and I sometimes get problems with the touch screen when switching between users. I will keep digging for a solution.

afrobadger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users - Similar Threads - Touch screen Surface

2. How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?: Hi Team,Step 1 I extend my display by connecting to wireless display.Step 2 my extended display but doesn’t allow the touch screen or pointer or pen on it.I couldn’t do that after I upgraded the laptop from windows 10 to 11. FYI – the extend option used to see my...
  3. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?: Refering to Surface Pro 6ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch pointsSurface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top...
  4. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?: Refering to Surface Pro 6ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch pointsSurface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top...
  5. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  6. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  7. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update: Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i cant get to app or any other taskbar icons like action center. Notice one other thing since firmware update : The always on...
  8. HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4: I appear to have lost my HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers on my SP4 after an update at the end of July 2018. I have tried various fixes as suggested on different forums and support services , including trouble shoot process, legacy, etc. I have sought assistance...
  9. touch pen not working

touch pen not working: Had a problem with ,the touch screen not working. Got that fixed but now the touch screen works but the pen does not. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks 69913
  10. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen: My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen. I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this. Please note tip is not broken. Before...