Windows 10: Touch screen problems

Discus and support Touch screen problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My touch screen is not working when I am viewing PDF documents. I am using an HP laptop and Windows 11. If anyone knows what I can do about this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimmyMilton, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Touch screen problems

My touch screen is not working when I am viewing PDF documents. I am using an HP laptop and Windows 11. If anyone knows what I can do about this, please let me know.

:)

TimmyMilton, Feb 4, 2023

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen problems

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Touch screen problems

1. Touch screen problems - Similar Threads - Touch screen problems

2. Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems: Hi I've been having trouble with an issue regarding my laptop Samsung galaxy book S and built in keyboard and mouse it started some time I want to say this January where the keyboard and mouse would randomly just stop working, originally it wasn't that big off a deal as I'd...
  3. Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems: Hi I've been having trouble with an issue regarding my laptop Samsung galaxy book S and built in keyboard and mouse it started some time I want to say this January where the keyboard and mouse would randomly just stop working, originally it wasn't that big off a deal as I'd...
  4. Touch screen problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen problems: My touch screen is not working when I am viewing PDF documents. I am using an HP laptop and Windows 11. If anyone knows what I can do about this, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-problems/cb704c0a-867f-4623-b3e0-a6245dc269f8
  5. Touch Screen Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Problems: I am using Windows 11 on a Touch Screen laptop. Unfortunately, whenever I am viewing a PDF document, the touch screen function does not work. Can someone let me know what settings I should change to correct this problem?...
  6. Touch Screen Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Problems: I am using Windows 11 on a Touch Screen laptop. Unfortunately, whenever I am viewing a PDF document, the touch screen function does not work. Can someone let me know what settings I should change to correct this problem?...
  7. Windows 10 touch screen problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 touch screen problem: My windows 10 touch screen didn't working as usual. Usually when I tap once on screen it acts like left click while double tap on the screen act like right click. But now when I click once it act like double tap or touch and hold while double tap and touch and hold no longer...
  8. touch problem

touch problem: after a clean update of windows 10 on my acer one 10 touch model ,the touch response become inverted ,I need the touch response to be back ,it is the basic feature of 2 in 1 tablet. I have tried installing and uninstalling the drivers and every possible steps still it is...
  9. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  10. problems with touch screen scrolling boundary feedback

problems with touch screen scrolling boundary feedback: i am recently on windows 10 and using a touchscreen , when i reach the edge of the page and keep scrolling i have this weird effect on pages. is there any way to deativate this. bellow is a screenshot as example. is there any way to disable this scrolling effect? [img] 68607