Windows 10: touch-screen scrollbar too narrow

Discus and support touch-screen scrollbar too narrow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am maintaining a windows 10 machine for public use at one of the state parks. The application is written in Access using VBA. The machine has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CWoolf, Oct 11, 2018.

1. CWoolf Win User

touch-screen scrollbar too narrow

I am maintaining a windows 10 machine for public use at one of the state parks. The application is written in Access using VBA. The machine has a touch-screen, and I do not want the user to use a mouse or keyboard. The machine is ONLY used for this one application.

I have set the scrollbars to a wider size using the registry, but each time a windows 10 update is run, my settings is lost. Is there an easy way to set the width of the scrollbars to be wider and keep that setting? Or at least is there an easy way to reset the scroll bar width.

:)

CWoolf, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Miree Win User

touch screen scrolling

I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, Oct 11, 2018
  3. pantherx12 Win User
    Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Jennifer Cha Win User

touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. touch-screen scrollbar too narrow - Similar Threads - touch screen scrollbar

2. Touch Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen: How do restore my touch screen with windows 10 on HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen/16878916-36ea-4900-9ad4-1e0d73b2c188
  3. screen touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen touch: few days ago the screen touch of my device did not work any more, i tried every thing to fix it, reinstalling display drivers, try to uninstall hid compliant touch screen (there wasnt any option to delete or not delete the driver) and now the driver is not available in the...
  4. touch screen

touch screen: hi. in my laptop touch screen does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-screen/454b2577-a211-4bbc-a53d-9b8a88ba8879
  5. touch screen

touch screen: touch screen on my HP Pavilion is no longer working, I've checked the connections, and it like it not even there, had an update before that and now it's not working. I bought this computer just cause it had a touch screen so it would be easier for me to use can you help?...
  6. touch screen

touch screen: Has Microsoft corrected the problems they were having in Windows 10 with the Touch Screen stopped working after 6 months, All in One 23" Screen Thank you, T. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-screen/b1214533-1abe-476c-9ea8-c97c952ccb0a
  7. touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch screen: Touch screen is not working, how do I re-activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/touch-screen/60a4f0a7-015b-4e6e-b419-6995f4141244
  8. Touch screen not working

Touch screen not working: I have a Lenovo yoga 11e. I had Windows 10 installed in March or April this year (2018) and everything seemed to work fine. But, about a month ago (June) I noticed that my touchscreen doesn't work anymore. I've tried restarting, updating, troubleshooting, and trying to enable...
  9. touch screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    touch screen: My touch screen failed to start every time I closed the laptop cover,The only way to get it back was a restart. I fixed it buy going to the intel graphics setup and shut off all the 3D selections. It worked for me its worth a try.*Smile 37653
  10. Search query too narrow. "Exact word/phrase" only and not "Contains"

in Windows 10 Support
    Search query too narrow. "Exact word/phrase" only and not "Contains": Recently I was getting confused and frustrate that files I were searching for weren't being included in the search results for my queries. It seems that the search parameters are restricted to "Exact word/phrase" and not "Contains. Example: search "Broad", comes up fine...