Windows 10: touch-screen scrollbar too narrow

Discus and support touch-screen scrollbar too narrow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am maintaining a windows 10 machine for public use at one of the state parks. The application is written in Access using VBA. The machine has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CWoolf, Oct 11, 2018.

1. CWoolf Win User

touch-screen scrollbar too narrow

I am maintaining a windows 10 machine for public use at one of the state parks. The application is written in Access using VBA. The machine has a touch-screen, and I do not want the user to use a mouse or keyboard. The machine is ONLY used for this one application.

I have set the scrollbars to a wider size using the registry, but each time a windows 10 update is run, my settings is lost. Is there an easy way to set the width of the scrollbars to be wider and keep that setting? Or at least is there an easy way to reset the scroll bar width.

:)

CWoolf, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Miree Win User

touch screen scrolling

I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Oct 11, 2018
  4. touch-screen scrollbar too narrow

touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

touch-screen scrollbar too narrow

1. touch-screen scrollbar too narrow - Similar Threads - touch screen scrollbar

2. Windows 11 too light of a touch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 too light of a touch: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I use the fingerpad to move around and new windows keep opening up. Other times when I want to open a new window I have to hit it several times and often times hard enough to feel the click. I had this all typed out before and it just...
  3. Windows 11 too light of a touch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 too light of a touch: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I use the fingerpad to move around and new windows keep opening up. Other times when I want to open a new window I have to hit it several times and often times hard enough to feel the click. I had this all typed out before and it just...
  4. cannot operate scroll bars in menus on a webpage -- too narrow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot operate scroll bars in menus on a webpage -- too narrow: I already read how to enlarge scroll bars using HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetricsBut I suspect that this applies to scroll bars in normal windows -- e.g. the scroll bar of the edge window -- which I can operate.I'm talking about the scroll bar in a menu on...
  5. cannot operate scroll bars in menus on a webpage -- too narrow

cannot operate scroll bars in menus on a webpage -- too narrow: I already read how to enlarge scroll bars using HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetricsBut I suspect that this applies to scroll bars in normal windows -- e.g. the scroll bar of the edge window -- which I can operate.I'm talking about the scroll bar in a menu on...
  6. coloring scrollbar

coloring scrollbar: I have followed Community advice on how to get more visible scrollbars. Nothing brings improvement, but I did discover that there is supposed to be a way to color the scrollbar column, and to give the blob a contrasting color. That should solve my problem, but the prescribed...
  7. Touch Keyboard narrowed since updating to 2H20. Any way to revert?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch Keyboard narrowed since updating to 2H20. Any way to revert?: Hey all. I just updated to 2H20 last night and so far, so good. I have a small issue that I noticed immediately. On my updated system, the Touch Keyboard is now “squished”. At first I thought it was something I did but I checked everything and then fired up another system...
  8. Scrollbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrollbar: Can anyone solve this for me? I'm seeing a vertical scrollbar on everything I've even noticed it on CMD. I haven't messed with my graphics settings and can't say when this first started. submitted by /u/Skinnykins8 [link] [comments]...
  9. laptop screen has narrowed

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen has narrowed: Haven't changed any settings, booted up to find 15" screen is now 11" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-has-narrowed/e4863987-cdea-41dc-b2fc-779c5367cf7d
  10. Scrollbar issuees...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrollbar issuees...: I asked this question before, but have new info. I have an Alienware 17r5, all drivers are up to date and bios is too. The problem is that the Scrollbar auto scrolls up or down after a few clicks of the applicable arrow (up/down). This occurs in any window, whether its Edge,...