Windows 10: touch screen scrolling

Discus and support touch screen scrolling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Win. 10 8/3. Everything seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then yesterday, the 5th, I could no longer scroll sites up or down by touching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pops1, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Pops1 Win User

touch screen scrolling

I upgraded to Win. 10 8/3. Everything seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then yesterday, the 5th, I could no longer scroll sites up or down by touching and moving my fingers up or down. The other touch functions still work, like going to links or sites, the 'click here' (touch here) options, close,etc. I can even scroll by touching the scroll bar and moving it up or down or right or left. My fingers don't scroll anymore unless they move the bar. And I just noticed areas on the sites don't get bigger or smaller with just fingers touching them and moving them farther apart either. But I don't know if that's supposed to happen. It did with Win 8. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Mike

:)

Pops1, Aug 6, 2015

2. Scroll bar not working after upgraded to windows 10

Original title: Scroll Bar

I have a touch screen. Before I changed to Windows 10, I could "touch" the screen anywhere and scroll the page up or down. Now that function seems to be gone. To scroll the page, I have to use the scroll bar on the right side of the screen. If I try to
    "scroll" on the screen now, I just highlight everything on the screen. Is there a way to change this so I can go back to my old way of doing things?

Callie_825, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Crono0918 Win User
    How to control the speed of touch screen scrolling?

How can I change the speed of scrolling with the touch screen? I have a older VAIO and just bought a new Samsung. The Samsung doesn't touch screen scroll as quickly. How can I speed it up?

Crono0918, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

touch screen scrolling

You need to provide more information.

What kind of computer are you using? A laptop, a tablet, a 3-in-one?

What model is the computer?

Whats the manufacturer of the touch-screen?

What browser are you having problems with?

Does touch-scrolling still work in explorer?

Hydranix, Aug 6, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    There was a big update on 8/05/15 one of those could be the problem.

labeeman, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Miree Win User
    I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Pops1 Win User
    Third time I tried typing this. I gave most info. when registering. Here: Lenovo laptop, ideapad S510p Touch. Google
    chrome mostly, but same problem on Microsoft Edge (MS's Win.10 version of Int. Ex.) As far as I know the updates are automatic and I see none I don't have. But maybe. I'm sure this program'll have some bugs. Yes, in Device Mgr. there is: 'Human Interface Devices' and the only category underneath that is 'HID-compliant wireless radio controls'.

Pops1, Aug 7, 2015
  8. mcss1985 Win User

touch screen scrolling

I have the exact same problem as the OP.

I just installed win10 yesterday and didn't get a chance to play with it much, so I don't know for sure if it worked yesterday (I feel it did), but I now cannot scroll using the touch screen. Everything else on the touch screen works, except for scrolling. It does not work in any app, browsers, or folders.

Interestingly, when I was signing up for the forums I opened the system properties to refresh my memory on the computer stats and I saw that under the category "Pen and Touch:" it says "No Pen or Touch Input is available for This Display"

Appreciate any input.

mcss1985, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Ryezen Win User
    I had the same problem, and finally found the solution. The problem lies in the wrong driver being associated with the touchscreen. Had to do a lot of searching, but finally found the fix. Follow the instructions at this link EXACTLY, and you will be scrolling happily again by swiping your touchscreen:

Win10Update

Ryezen, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Miree Win User
    Thank you very much for your solution! It worked for me!

Miree, Aug 7, 2015
  11. pghyndman Win User
    Thanks! Worked for me as well.

Paul

pghyndman, Aug 7, 2015
  12. Pops1 Win User
    A BIG THANK YOU, RYEZEN
    That worked fine for me. At first, just after doing that, the scrolling worked fine. But opening new tabs, closing tabs, changing tabs,etc. didn't seem to work. So I rebooted and now everything works properly. Thanks again,

Pops1, Aug 7, 2015
  13. touch screen scrolling

I am Also facing some lags with the touch screen, No scrolling, no zooming in or out when we pinch in and out, the above solution did not work my for Sony vaio, where the installed driver is perfectly according to Windows, and that might be the original driver. can any one can suggest me for other solutions please..

deepu03kmm, Aug 8, 2015
  14. bjosephs Win User
    Thanks Ryezen - worked great. I've been searching in vain for days about this problem. I registered here just to thank you!

Also, for anyone who is trying the fix, make sure to restart your browser before you assume that it didn't work. *Wink

bjosephs, Aug 9, 2015
  15. OrPat Win User
    Thanks man, it worked like charm, i have just registered this forum to say thank you for stopping my hours of searching for solution!

OrPat, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

touch screen scrolling

1. touch screen scrolling - Similar Threads - touch screen scrolling

2. Arc Touch Mouse Microsoft Not Scrolling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arc Touch Mouse Microsoft Not Scrolling.: Hi, I have an Arc mouse stored for a long time because it has a failure to scroll. Just by closing it and opening or removing a battery and replacing it to start the scroll again. I solved it, opened it and found the problem. The problem is a bad contact on the flexible...
  3. Arc Touch Mouse Microsoft Not Scrolling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arc Touch Mouse Microsoft Not Scrolling.: Hi, I have an Arc mouse stored for a long time because it has a failure to scroll. Just by closing it and opening or removing a battery and replacing it to start the scroll again. I solved it, opened it and found the problem. The problem is a bad contact on the flexible...
  4. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  5. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  6. Touch pad scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad scrolling: Just did an update and my touchpad scrolling is now reversed. Been pulling down to scroll down for years and now it is reversed. How do I revert back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scrolling/d25a86e9-a66b-4a95-b4de-9b61aef7e088
  7. touch-pad scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch-pad scrolling: Hi, When i first got this laptop the touch-pad scrolling was enabled and working fine, and all of a sudden it just stops working and I don't know why or how to fix it. I was reading a previous person's response who had the same question and I tried following the steps to...
  8. Touch Pad Scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Pad Scrolling: Hello, Im tring to get my touchpad to be able to scroll again and I can't find anything that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scrolling/89ebfb00-bfb4-4e3d-897d-969fdfa105c8
  9. Touch pad scroll button not working

Touch pad scroll button not working: I can not get my mouse pad on new computer to work the same as normal. The side slide bar no longer slides up and done by pressing left key and pulling it down. Now I must put pointer in the bottom of slide bar and tap tap tap and it moves but too fast or jumps to the...
  10. problems with touch screen scrolling boundary feedback

problems with touch screen scrolling boundary feedback: i am recently on windows 10 and using a touchscreen , when i reach the edge of the page and keep scrolling i have this weird effect on pages. is there any way to deativate this. bellow is a screenshot as example. is there any way to disable this scrolling effect? [img] 68607