Windows 10: Touch Screen Stopped working after very recent windows update

Discus and support Touch Screen Stopped working after very recent windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo Edge 15 Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build: 18363.592 After taking the latest Windows updates last week, my touch screen no longer worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CCSBE, Jan 17, 2020.

1. CCSBE Win User

Touch Screen Stopped working after very recent windows update

Lenovo Edge 15

Windows 10

Version 1909

OS Build: 18363.592

After taking the latest Windows updates last week, my touch screen no longer worked. The laptop is approx 5 years old and has performed flawlessly.

I tried all of the solutions suggested here and in other forums and boardsm disable/enable HID compliant touchscreen device, uninstall/reboot, etc etc nothing has worked to bring it back. Tried updating the driver current showing is latest even tried uninstalling the updates that it allowed me to. No change. Ran sfc/scannow and chkdsk these are taken/copied right out of another discussion here just to show where I have looked for a solution here. Finally, I tried a refresh which preserves the files and folders, removes everything else and installs the latest copy of Windows. Upon reboot, the touchscreen was restored. I immediately set this point in time as a restore point 1/16/2019. just in case. I installed NO new apps, programs such as Kaspersky AV or anything else.

The next day 1/16/2020, I took the updates showing in Windows Update and let them install. Upon reboot: touchscre, cked for updates and installed them and re-boot: no change, , no touchscreen. It's enabled and showing in the device manager.

Has anyone out there know of a fix? There is little doubt in my mind that an update THIS WEEK has broken my Laptop.

Thank you

:)

CCSBE, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Rainhamd Win User
    Touch screen stops working, Windows 10

It's gone again!! I was using an app with the touchscreen, when I saw the on screen symbol in the task bar flicker, it then disappeared and the touch screen stopped working.

Step one now tells me that it is applying a fix, then comes up with the message - Unknown usb device (device descriptor failed) is not working properly. Your pc must be restarted. - Restarted and went back and ran troubleshooter again, getting exactly the
    same result and message.

Step 2 - The touch screen driver has now vanished from the list! (last week when the touchscreen wasn't working I tried to find the driver and couldn't - perhaps this is why!)

HELP!

Rainhamd, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Touch Screen Stopped working after very recent windows update

Touch screen not working on Windows 10

My Yoga 13 touch screen doesn't work either after latest update. Was working on August 29th. System info shows it has no pen or touch screen device.

behrwithme, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Touch Screen Stopped working after very recent windows update

1. Touch Screen Stopped working after very recent windows update - Similar Threads - Touch Screen Stopped

2. the last update stopped the working of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the last update stopped the working of the touch screen: the recent update stopped the working of the touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-stopped-the-working-of-the-touch/ed832afa-32c0-40e0-8d3c-fde373da4e57
  3. the last update stopped the working of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the last update stopped the working of the touch screen: the recent update stopped the working of the touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-stopped-the-working-of-the-touch/ed832afa-32c0-40e0-8d3c-fde373da4e57
  4. the last update stopped the working of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Touch Screen Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working: I upgraded my notebookHP Spectre x360-13-ae000xx from windows 10 to Windows 11 and after that TOUCH SCREEN stopped working. It even stopped showing from bios.I did check in COMPONENT TEST using HP HARDWARE AND DIAGONSTICS UEFI, but there is no option for touch screen Test.I...
  6. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  7. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  8. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Touch screen is not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen is not working after Windows update: So I got my laptop a few years ago and my touchscreen used to work when it was in tablet mode. One day the touch screen started working intermittently the suddenly stopped working altogether and that was round about the time my system updated to widows 10. I just thought it...
  10. Touch screen not working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen not working after Windows update.: I have an Acer Aspire R7 and have had touchscreen problems since a few weeks after I got it. Initially the touchscreen worked fine, then it stopped, started, stopped started etc. It would work fine for a few days, then just stop. After spending hours on the phone to Acer,...