Windows 10: touch screen surface

Discus and support touch screen surface in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi touch screen doesn't work went to device manager said complaine not working properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ceceValencia, Nov 23, 2018.

1. touch screen surface

Hi touch screen doesn't work went to device manager said complaine not working properly

:)

ceceValencia, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Touch screen on surface pro

Hello Brady,

The Surface Pro may have encountered a driver conflict or a hardware issue. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps given on these articles to see if there will be any changes:

Please get back to us.

Xylee Del, Nov 23, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Surface Pro 4 1709 build 16299.251 touch screen and windows hello

Hi Sean,

If the touchscreen doesn't respond correctly, you may perform the following steps below on how to make it work again. Before you begin, kindly check if the touchscreen is cracked or broken. Touch may not work if it is cracked or broken. If the screen is
    not cracked, you may proceed with the steps below:

Step 1: Clean the screen

Dust, finger grease, chemicals, and ultraviolet light can affect the performance of your touchscreen. Kindly use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water or eyeglass cleaner to clean the screen, but don't apply liquids directly to the screen, as this
    may damage the screen further.

Step 2: Restart your Surface

Sometimes, a restart is all you need to get the touchscreen to work again. This way, any states of the system will be flushed and the system will start back with a fresh memory. This also helps when the device is starting to exhibit a slow performance.

Step 3: Force a shutdown and restart your Surface

Kindly press and hold the power button for a full 10 seconds, until the screen turns off, then release the power button. Press the power button to turn your Surface back on, you should see the Surface logo.

Note: On some Surface models, the screen may immediately turn off when the power button is pressed. If this happens, continue to hold for the full 10 seconds and then release.

Step 4: Disable and enable the touchscreen driver

• Press the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.
    • Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen, and then select
      Disable
    • Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen, and then select
      Enable
    Note: There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen
    listed. If so, complete steps 3 - 4 on each one.

If the above steps doesn't help, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 23, 2018
  4. touch screen surface

Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

touch screen surface

1. touch screen surface - Similar Threads - touch screen surface

2. How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?: Hi,I had to disable touch screen via Device manager - Human Interface devices - HID compliant touch screen as I had a flickering screen cursor. Itstopped flickering when enable this. Now I don't ofcourse have touch screen - so wondering how I get it back or update/reinstall...
  3. How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?: Hi,I had to disable touch screen via Device manager - Human Interface devices - HID compliant touch screen as I had a flickering screen cursor. Itstopped flickering when enable this. Now I don't ofcourse have touch screen - so wondering how I get it back or update/reinstall...
  4. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  5. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  6. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  8. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  9. Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2: Computer went completely dead - would not respond to power key. Found holding power key for 10 seconds and it came back to life, but subsequently found touch screen no longer works. All win 10 and firmware updates applied. Booted holding vol+ and power key for 30 seconds and...
  10. My Surface Pro 4 no longer has touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Surface Pro 4 no longer has touch screen: Since updating it seems to be related to firmware update call surface ME anyone else had this problem, when switching on it started up and I only had voice commands, I now am using it with keyboard and mouse....