Windows 10: touch screen

Discus and support touch screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi my touch screen suddenly stopped working. i went to the device manager and uninstalled it but now i dont know how to install it again. could you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SShaw_574, Sep 25, 2020.

1. SShaw_574 Win User

touch screen

hi my touch screen suddenly stopped working. i went to the device manager and uninstalled it but now i dont know how to install it again. could you please help me?

:)

SShaw_574, Sep 25, 2020

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Dani Pun Win User

touch screen

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

touch screen

1. touch screen - Similar Threads - touch screen

2. after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the...: after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the software to make this quit working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-microsoft-update-in-march-my-hp-touch/60df5e23-fb0f-4e1a-acb9-76bf2b461500
  3. HID-compliant Touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HID-compliant Touch screen: I did a feature update for windows 10, version 20H2 and now the touchscreen stopped working. I really need some help to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-touch-screen/47404684-7310-4bc8-bc50-d214b4857401
  4. dell tx2 screen touch click missing

dell tx2 screen touch click missing: hello i might be the wierdest person on the planet but i am looking for a way to reenable a feature of my touch screen microsoft disabled in windows 10 1503 my toy laptop at work, mostly used for audio console at events at work has a n-trig multitouch screen i used as a fast...
  5. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  6. touch screen no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen no longer working: touch screen stopped working tonight. it worked earlier today. all updates and security are current. anybody else experiencing this? don't know if my lab puppy stepped on keyboard and changed something by mistake....
  7. Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website

Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website: Hi all, after resetting and re installing windows 10 on my HP Stream 7 tablet, none of the drivers are working including touch screen, audio, battery percentage, rotation. They are not showing up at all in device manager! For example touch screen is not working, tried...
  8. Asus Touch Screen not working

Asus Touch Screen not working: Does anyone have any solutions to why my touch screen has stopped working since the last MS update. cant update the I2 C HID device . error ,message reads A request for the HID descriptor failed. Asus tell me its a Windows 10 issue...
  9. Does touch screen work on a Lenovo Ideapad?

Does touch screen work on a Lenovo Ideapad?: I've got a Lenovo Ideapad and it has the option to turn on tablet mode in the action center, but it doesn't work. Looking at the settings, its says "Pen and touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display." I've tried looking at the device manager and I don't have...
  10. touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch screen: Microsoft deleted my touch screen driver tried all the options given it does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen/13623d48-40b5-43a3-8321-2cde405a1948