Windows 10: Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen

Discus and support Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I like playing with some touch stuff on a laptop - but what do you use to clean the screen -- in bright sunlight it's easy to see some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen

Hi there

I like playing with some touch stuff on a laptop - but what do you use to clean the screen -- in bright sunlight it's easy to see some smear / finger marks (Yes even in Iceland you do get some sunshine !!!!!).

Water (even the 100% clear stuff we have - probably the purest in the entire planet !!!) can leave smear marks, -- using a bit of Gin is expensive and vinegar smells a bit so what's the best method that's cheap, efficient and doesn't stink. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2014
  2. Entegy Win User

what do i use to clean my wp7 screen?

In all honesty, the inside of my shirt has done a pretty good job.

Entegy, Nov 6, 2014
  3. gb330033 Win User
    what do i use to clean my wp7 screen?

I'd suggest using a lint-free cloth and avoid using any sort of liquid in excess. You can probably dampen the cloth slightly, but I would be sure that it isn't dripping.

gb330033, Nov 6, 2014
  4. strollin Win User

I only notice the finger marks on my Surface Pro 3 when the display is off and I'm in bright light. Once the display is on, I no longer see them. I have a canister of monitor wipes that I bought similar to this: http://www.shoplet.com/Read-Right-On...y8P8HAQ&rtop=1
    I clean the screen with a wipe, then follow it up with a micro fiber cloth. Seems to do a decent job.

strollin, Nov 6, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- something like that looks like it will do the job. Perhaps the next lot of Touch screens will have Smear Proof Gorilla Glass or something like that.

On a Tablet it's easier to move the whole thing around but a laptop is a bigger piece of kit especially if you are using a second monitor (and I would KILL anyone who puts greasy fingers on that !!!).

I really don't want Voice activated stuff -- there's enough ambient noise around anyway --just imagine in an open plan Office with all sorts of people yelling at their screens --it's bad enough now with Mobile phones. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2014
  6. Mystere Win User
    I tend to use a dry microfiber cloth, or silk cloth... the kind you get with eyeglasses. They work very well for everything other than spills or what not. Just buff out the smudges and the glass is pristine.

Mystere, Nov 6, 2014
  7. strollin Win User
    strollin, Nov 8, 2014
  8. Bumpkin Win User

When my tablet's screen starts showing greasy fingerprints I use Hydrogen Peroxide and a microfiber cloth.

I've been using peroxide to clean glass windows, use newspaper or microfiber cloth and it leaves no streaks. Besides it disinfects wounds, use as a mouth wash, removes blood stains and might cure Ebola!

Bumpkin, Nov 8, 2014
  9. A mouse? *Tongue

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

gregrocker, Nov 8, 2014
  10. Phone Man Win User
    I have a Microfiber cloth I got with my Asus display and they say to wet it, ring it out and it works great for all my TV's and monitors. Do not use Alcohol per their instructions.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Nov 8, 2014
  11. Tony K Win User
    Strange thing happened the other day. I was at my bank's ATM and someone must have forgotten to take their wireless mouse. I could only conclude that they were looking for a desktop. *Tongue

Tony K, Nov 8, 2014
  12. It's a touch device. *Wink

gregrocker, Nov 8, 2014
  13. Tony K Win User

Tony K, Nov 8, 2014
  14. lparsons21, Nov 8, 2014
  15. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Nov 9, 2014
Thema:

1. Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen - Similar Threads - Touch users clean

2. TOUCH SCREEN IS NOT WORKING PROPELY WHAT TO DO ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TOUCH SCREEN IS NOT WORKING PROPELY WHAT TO DO ?: i recently updated windows 10 and my touch is not working properly no matter what i tried result are same my tab is based on American megatrends 5.6 on intel atom x5-z8350 by SOLTIVW...
  3. TOUCH SCREEN IS NOT WORKING PROPELY WHAT TO DO ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TOUCH SCREEN IS NOT WORKING PROPELY WHAT TO DO ?: i recently updated windows 10 and my touch is not working properly no matter what i tried result are same my tab is based on American megatrends 5.6 on intel atom x5-z8350 by SOLTIVW...
  4. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  5. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  6. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?: I know that it's possible to use miracast to use a windows machine as an external monitor for another pc. But is it also possible to use a touch screen laptop and work with touch inputs from that laptop on whatever it is displaying? So far, when using miracast, all inputs on...
  7. What do you use as antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you use as antivirus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty good. It...
  8. What kind of pen do I need to use on touch screen?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What kind of pen do I need to use on touch screen?: I use a touch screen laptop, it is not Microsoft Surface. I don’t know what kind of stylus to use with my device. I tried some of them but they don’t work. Thank you for the answer...
  9. Upgrade or clean install - what do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or clean install - what do you use?: After my upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 I was very happy with the new OS on my Acer Aspire M3920 desktop. Everything worked perfect, no hardware or software problems at all. Then I read on several tech forums that many or mayby most people did prefer a clean install of...
  10. Not using touch screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Not using touch screen: I'm planning to buy a new laptop but will never be using the touch screen. Will I lose any functionality in Win10 by just using a mouse and keyboard with a touch-screen laptop? Do touch screen models use a different version of Win10? BTW, I know I can buy a non-touch...