Windows 10: Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing

Discus and support Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop after accidently breaking my last one, and now the ability the double tap to right click is gone along with the ability to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kitten5908, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing

I bought a new laptop after accidently breaking my last one, and now the ability the double tap to right click is gone along with the ability to move the cursor while pressing a button on the keyboard like for instance the space bar. This is a very recent thing, got this about a week ago, laptop broke 2 weeks ago. So did something happen during that time period?? Also my memory was horrible so I don't know if it was the same on my old laptop, but in the touchpad section Both taps and touch and go have no settings you can change it just tells you what you're able to dofor taps all you can change is the sensitivity I could've swore there was other stuff in those sections though.
    Laptop: Amazon.com: Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop, 15.6 Inch FHD 1920 X 1080 IPS Display, Intel Core i5-9300H Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB Nvme SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, Windows 10, 81LK00HDUS, Black: Computers & Accessories

:)

Kitten5908, Mar 14, 2021

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 14, 2021
  3. P Fitz Win User
    Disable two-finger click for right click, but keep two-finger tap

I had a Yoga 2 Pro with Synaptics Touchpad and Windows 8. The dedicated app had options for both 2-finger tap and 2-finger click, but making changes through the app simply did not work after updating to Windows 10.

If you have a newer device that makes use of the Windows Precision touchpad drivers, you'll find the 2-finger tap option in the Touchpad settings. But there isn't anything for two finger pressing.

This is how I came to discover the registry options 2FingerTapAction and TwoFingerPressButtonAction. If you have a Synaptics device, you should be able to find these buried in your registry:

• Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows key + R
    • Type in "Regedit" and press Enter. Once in the Registry editor,
      either navigate to
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2#### or press
      CTRL + F and search for "2FingerTapAction" or "TwoFingerPressButtonAction"
    • Once you've found the the appropriate key in the right-hand
      panel, double click it and change the value to a 2.
    • Restart your computer.

For many other TouchPad devices, you should find the option in the device-specific options program. You can often get to this program via a tray icon next to your clock. Common ones are Elan Smart-Pad, Synaptics Click/Touch/LuxPad, Dell Touchpad, and ALPS Control Panel.

(Note: A good application for digging around in the registry and searching it quickly to look for terms like Touch/Press/Finger is NirSoft RegScanner, if you are having trouble with Windows RegEdit.)

P Fitz, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing

right-click 2-finger tap not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded to Windows 10. The 2-finger tap right-click on my touchpad is no longer working. The setting is enabled in the Synaptics/touchpad settings. Driver is listed as up-to-date. I have a Lenovo ideapad touch screen laptop. All other multi-touch features
    work fine. I tried downloading the driver manually from Lenovo and it gives me the error "Synaptics device not found!", even when run in compatibility mode or as administrator.

Windows, how can I make the 2-finger R-click function start working again?

Thank you.

The Madame S, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing

1. Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing - Similar Threads - Touchpad finger tap

2. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  3. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  4. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  6. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  7. Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click: Hello, I've recently changed OS from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and been trying to customize a two-finger tap assign middle-click to it, but so far I wasn't able find a way for that. That would be logical since two-finger swipe is used for scroll "rotate mouse wheel", therefore...
  8. Touchpad won't right-click with two fingers or scroll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad won't right-click with two fingers or scroll: I have a MacBook pro and used bootcamp. Everything was working fine until a blue cursor started to show up. Then afterwards, I could not scroll or use my right-click on my touchpad. I have tried every option shown, including uninstalling it, disabling it and everything I...
  9. Touchpad: Click Unresponsive right after 2-finger scrolling. Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad: Click Unresponsive right after 2-finger scrolling. Help: Hello, this is my first post and I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to ask this. Basically, I've noticed that when I scroll on my touchpad using 2 fingers, the very first "click" (tapping/pushing either the left or right side of the touchpad) is often unresponsive. The...
  10. Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help: Hi, I recently received a new Lenovo laptop, and I've noticed I can't move the cursor at all while holding down any key. This is really irritating, especially as a gamer, so could somebody please help, thanks. (I'm running on Windows 10) My touchpad is a Synaptics...