Windows 10: Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Discus and support Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Zephyrus G14 2020. The 3 finger tap is set to launch windows search and 4 finger tap set to open the action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesJP2016, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Hello,

I recently purchased an Asus Zephyrus G14 2020. The 3 finger tap is set to launch windows search and 4 finger tap set to open the action center. The computer sent to sleep after a couple of hours of non use and upon awakening these gestures have ceased working.

I then tried to update the ASUS trackpad driver with the driver linked here

https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-zephyrus/rog-zephyrus-g14-series/helpdesk_download

for the GA401IV model name. After restarting with the install, the tap gestures worked again momentarily, and have since ceased working.

I attempted the first solution in this resposne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/4-finger-all-and-3-finger-tap-not-working/05cfe3cf-b7ad-4197-b85e-4c2187258daf but was unable to find Touchpad Drivers in in the device manager.

I use these gestures frequently, any help will be appreciated.

:)

JamesJP2016, Mar 28, 2021

2. 4 finger gesture doesn't work under Windows 10 with Precision Touchpad

Hi,
    My laptop has a Synaptic precision touchpad (there are no specific gesture menus under the mouse settings, just whatever windows shows me under the touchpad menu in the metro setting app). I'm running SCU 1803 as I'm in the release preview ring. I've had the advanced configuration for 3 fingers working and with both swiping and tapping function normally and can be customized ever since the 1703 update.

However, I had NO options for 4 finger gestures. I already uninstalled the drivers from the device manager and let windows update it but I still can't activate a four gesture option. Any help would be appreciated since my precision touchpad should be supported after all. My laptop is an Acer Nitro 791g running the latest synaptic drivers 19.0.25.9. I tried contacting Microsoft's support but they weren't of much help. So I ignored this issue for a year until now.

Today, I went through Microsoft catalogue and manually updated my synaptic driver to 19.4.29.3 which somehow enabled the 4 gesture controls. But these do not work even with uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting. (as if 4 fingers aren't recognized by the touchpad).

Any idea on what I can do? Precision touchpads ARE supposed to support 4 fingers no?

Thank you.

hemingway59, Mar 28, 2021
  3. joehara23 Win User
    Synaptics Touchpad 3 Finger Gestures not working in Windows 10 with Lenovo Flex 3

My lenovo flex 3 has a synaptics based touchpad; the latest version from lenovo's website. 3 finger gestures work immediately after starting up, but if the laptop goes to sleep, or i close lid, theres a 50 percent chance that the 3 finger gestures stop working.
    Its strange, 3 finger swipes are the only gestures that stop; 3 finger tap will always invoke cortana, 4 finger tap will open action center.

THINGS IVE TRIED

1. Updating driver

2. Hardware troubleshooter

Having no luck, anyone else have this problem , or have a fix? Thanks!

joehara23, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Synaptics Touchpad 3 Fingers Gesture not working in Windows 10 with Lenovo Ideapad Y700

My Y700 has the a synaptics touchpad with the lastest driver version. My 3 fingers gesture works when I start up my laptop. However, if I put my PC to sleep, the 3 fingers gesture will behave strangely. It will go go back to previous page on my Chrome when
    I swipe to the left with 3 fingers and go forward when I swipe to the right. Other gestures such as 3 fingers tap to open cortana and 4 fingers tap to open action center work.

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Jian Hang_973, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

1. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad finger tap

2. Customizing 4-finger tap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing 4-finger tap: I want to change my 4-finger tap to mute, but when I hit 'Start Recording' on my Acer laptop, it shows the mute button as 'D'. How do I configure the tap gesture to mute?My current process is Touchpad > Advanced Gestures > Configure Four-finger > Tap > Custom > Start...
  3. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  5. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  7. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  8. 3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working

3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working: 2-finger gestures still work fine. Only thing that's changed, is I unplugged my laptop from my external monitor and AC adapter, and replugged both back in. Changing gestures configuration doesn't trigger it to start working. Please have this fixed. Gestures, when...
  9. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...
  10. Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves

Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves: In my gaming laptop, I couldn't use 3 and 3 finger gestures. I install Windows 3 times by the way, it was always same. I installed the latest Synapstic drivers. I found a soultioun online which is: "I used Regedit to fix the problem Press Win and type Regedit and Navigate...