Windows 10: touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

Discus and support touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Alienware 17" R5 laptop. I'm trying to disable the autoscroll feature on the touchpad. It's especially annoying in chrome or in adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DennisWajda, Jan 19, 2019.

1. touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

I have a Dell Alienware 17" R5 laptop. I'm trying to disable the autoscroll feature on the touchpad. It's especially annoying in chrome or in adobe pdfs. I've tried all the settings in Alienware "pointing" devices to no avail as well as disabling, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Any help would be appreciated. Dell Tech support has been worthless.

:)

DennisWajda, Jan 19, 2019

2. Dell Alienware 13. Disable touchpad

Hi guys,

Have been looking for this for quite a while. Alienware Club - Dell Community
    was not very helpful.

I'm looking now for a device to disable to disable touchpad on my alienware 13.

I've opened Device Manager, but haven't found anything that could disable my touchpad.

In settings I have no such option to disable touchpad.

Maybe anyone has some ideas on that matter?

Thanks,
    Ivan.

sevenfourk, Jan 19, 2019
  3. alienware touchpad not working

I have an Alienware m17 r3 and the touchpad doesnt work, nor does it show up in device manager. It glows still, but it and its buttons dont work.

jjcool8901, Jan 19, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

1. touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop - Similar Threads - touchpad alienware autoscrolling

2. touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5: This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24 it states in device manager, i cant find any drivers for my laptop and this problem was here ever since i got it, sometimes touchpad might work but most of the time it...
  3. touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5: This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24 it states in device manager, i cant find any drivers for my laptop and this problem was here ever since i got it, sometimes touchpad might work but most of the time it...
  4. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  5. alienware 17 R5 problems

alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  6. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  7. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  8. Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!: I have two Alienware laptops as described in the title...both with Windows 10 Pro installed when purchased. I keep them updated with the security updates released each month. But I have yet to see any Microsoft Windows 10 version releases to download and install via Windows...
  9. Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming: Hello everyone, I am writing this post because I have a problem with my computer that no matter how hard I try I have not been able to fix it. I even brought it to computer repair center and the computer still has the same problem, although it got fixed for a few days....
  10. Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5: I am having an issue where I am trying to connect a thunderbolt display and when connected it gives me a promt to connect or do not connect. I select connect, but it is not connecting. the display only shows up in attached devices saying its not connected....