Windows 10: Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.

Discus and support Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Five months ago or so, I began facing a situation where the touchpad suddenly stops working. After a while of shutting my PC down, it starts working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SkyZaara, Feb 25, 2022.

1. SkyZaara Win User

Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.

Five months ago or so, I began facing a situation where the touchpad suddenly stops working. After a while of shutting my PC down, it starts working again. However, out of the blue, the touchpad stops working. This cycle has been going on and on and I have no clue how to fix this. Because at this point, I don't know whether it is a software or a hardware issue. I went to the device manager and tried to disable then enable it, resulting in an HID device failure. Tried updating it, but it said that the latest updates are installed. I found a solution to enable the touchpad again by forced shutti

:)

SkyZaara, Feb 25, 2022
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Default sound issue and issue with touchpad

Hi Mona,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you connect the headphones while you start the computer? Do you refer to the Startup sound or any other sound?

• Have you made any changes to the computer software/hardware prior to the issue? (As you have told not able to enable or disable the touchpad)

• What is the type of touchpad configured in your computer? Is it
      Precision touchpad or Normal touchpad?
    Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Note: Try to disconnect the headphone while you start the computer and check if you are able to hear the startup sound from the speaker.

As you still face the issue even after changing the defaults to speakers, Restore the default settings for the speakers/headphones and check if it helps.

• Open the start menu, type Sound in the search bar and click on
      Sound from the search bar results.

• Select Playback tab and double click on
      Speakers/headphones.

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Restore defaults
      button.

• Click on Apply and OK button.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Method 2:

Step 1:

Please follow the below steps to enable touchpad. (If you have the precision touchpad)

• Open the Start menu, type Settings in the search bar and click on Settings.

• Click on Devices, select
      Mouse and Touchpad
      on the left navigation pane under the Devices settings window.

• Change the settings to enable touchpad features under
      Touchpad.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to update the touchpad drivers. Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Touchpad not working correctly!

Hi Moosa,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried to restart your computer?

If yes, and the issue still persists, we suggest that you use a mouse to troubleshoot the touchpad then follow these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound to the options listed.
    • Choose Devices and Printers.
    • Choose the driver for your touchpad.
    • Right click then select Troubleshoot.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start. - Similar Threads - Touchpad always having

2. Touchpad Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Issues: Hello, people of answers.microsoft.com by company Microsoft, I seem to have quite a few questions as of late. But, I digress, I've been having issues with my Windows 11 install. For reference, the computer is a HP Notebook with an i3-7100U. Yes, I did the registry edit, and...
  3. Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad issues: Touchpad not working. Drivers are up to date. Uninstalled and restarted; it reinstalled itself like it's supposed to. Touchpad still not working. It will randomly work and then quit again. This has been an ongoing issue with this Lenovo Yoga laptop. I've tried this 'solution'...
  4. Touchpad having issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad having issues: My touchpad recently, for some reason, cannot do right-click and drag-and-drop gestures. However, three-finger and four-finger gestures still work, and there are no problems with the system. I tried both DISM and SFC to fix this issue, but with no luck. I've also reinstalled...
  5. Touchpad having issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad having issues: My touchpad recently, for some reason, cannot do right-click and drag-and-drop gestures. However, three-finger and four-finger gestures still work, and there are no problems with the system. I tried both DISM and SFC to fix this issue, but with no luck. I've also reinstalled...
  6. Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.: Five months ago or so, I began facing a situation where the touchpad suddenly stops working. After a while of shutting my PC down, it starts working again. However, out of the blue, the touchpad stops working. This cycle has been going on and on and I have no clue how to fix...
  7. Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad issues: Hi, my name is Amal, I have a Sony Vaio laptop E-series VPCEH25EN and my touchpad's 2 finger scrolling is not working!not any of the finger gestures are working, except for the double tab, I tried updating my touchpad driver but it didn't work, can someone help?...
  8. Touchpad Issue

Touchpad Issue: I don't know what happens but when I briefly touch on the touchpad without moving, it moves rapidly up and down but not left and right. Is this a common problem or my device issue?...
  9. Light on the touchpad is always on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light on the touchpad is always on: I use Toshiba Satallite and faced an issue. The white light on the touchpad is always on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/light-on-the-touchpad-is-always-on/e4e6bb99-1d48-4a88-ae27-595ae0b45fbe
  10. Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues: So the two finger scrolling stopped working on my touchpad. I thought it might just be some dirt messing with the signal but I cleaned it and the problem still persisted, even when I restarted my computer. I found where you can disable or enable touchpad options but it says...