Windows 10: Touchpad and external mouse not working login Windows10

Discus and support Touchpad and external mouse not working login Windows10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I had my laptop (windows 10) in standby and upon restarting it, I cannot login anymore due to the following problems: - touchpad and external... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Fiorinit, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Fiorinit Win User

Touchpad and external mouse not working login Windows10

Hi,

I had my laptop (windows 10) in standby and upon restarting it, I cannot login anymore due to the following problems:

- touchpad and external mouse not working

- keyboard (laptop) works in the password entry field, but each key (incl. shift, enter etc) produces a symbol in the password

- external keyboard not working

I cannot boot in safe mode (once I get to the screen with these options, I cannot select anything as keyboards, touchpad and mouse do not work on the screen).

Other symptoms:

- power button is flashing as in standby even on the login screen

- ventilator is busy

The battery is not easily removable, so I was wondering whether there is anything else I can do to resolve the problem.

Would very much appreciate some help.

Thank you.

:)

Fiorinit, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the TouchPad of your laptop and want to use an external USB mouse.

To use an external USB mouse, please connect the USB mouse to any USB port on your laptop and it will be set up automatically.

To disable the touchpad you can try the following steps and check if that helps:

1. Press and hold Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager from the list.
    3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    4. Find Synaptics SMBus TouchPad/ELANClickpad touchpad.
    5. Right click on the driver and select Disable.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2019
  3. cauyao615 Win User
    Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Touchpad and external mouse not working login Windows10

Deactivate touchpad when external mouse is active

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "and the touchpad setting to disable when external mouse attached has disappeared from settings.", what are the settings available under mouse and touchpad settings?
    • Are you able to see Touchpad option under mouse and touchpad settings?
    • Are you able to recognized which are the recent Windows updates installed on the computer?

If you like to disable touchpad, then I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

4. Right click on the touchpad driver and click on Disable.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad and external mouse not working login Windows10

1. Touchpad and external mouse not working login Windows10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad external mouse

2. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  3. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  4. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  5. mouse touchpad not working

mouse touchpad not working: [IMG]hello, when i turned on my laptop today i couldnt find my mouse cursor so i opened the device manager and under mice and other pointing devices category i couldnt find the touchpad instead i found the mouse that i connected to temporarily use until i fix the touchpad.....
  6. Touchpad/Mouse not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad/Mouse not working: I have an ASUS Vivobook S15, just over a year old. Just a week ago, my touchpad and wireless mouse started not registering my left or right clicks sporadically - I’d be working on my laptop and both touchpad and mouse would suddenly stop responding to my left or right clicks,...
  7. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  8. Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Disable Touchpad and use External mouse: How do I use only the plug in mouse and not the mouse pad? * Moved from IE10/other ***Modified title from: I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.***...
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...