Windows 10: Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

Discus and support Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad and finger scanner on it have recently turned off or been disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on. I have tried using function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KylieClarke1, May 26, 2022.

1. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

My touchpad and finger scanner on it have recently turned off or been disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on. I have tried using function keys to turn it on, and have tried going into settings but have found there are no settings for me related to a touchpad. How do I turn my touchpad and finger scanner back on?

:)

KylieClarke1, May 26, 2022

2. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the three-finger gesture on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below.

1. What is the exact model of the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to refer the section Navigating using multi-finger gestures and the sub-sectionNavigating within applications using Three-Finger Flick
    from the article
    HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
    to disable the Three Finger gesture.

Note: The article talks about enabling the gesture, to disable the gesture we need to make sure the box next to Three Finger gesture is unchecked.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2022
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 26, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

1. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled - Similar Threads - Touchpad finger scanner

2. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled: My touchpad and finger scanner on it have recently turned off or been disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on. I have tried using function keys to turn it on, and have tried going into settings but have found there are no settings for me related to a touchpad. How...
  3. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled: My touchpad and finger scanner on it have recently turned off or been disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on. I have tried using function keys to turn it on, and have tried going into settings but have found there are no settings for me related to a touchpad. How...
  4. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  5. Two finger scroll disabled & no touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two finger scroll disabled & no touchpad settings: Hi All,My touchpad Dell Inspiron 7359, Windows 10 has suddenly started malfunctioning and I suspect it is because a Windows update erased the driver. I can no longer do two finger scroll and the pointer speed is slow. When I try to find the touchpad settings, the tab does not...
  6. Two finger scroll disabled & no touchpad settings

Two finger scroll disabled & no touchpad settings: Hi All,My touchpad Dell Inspiron 7359, Windows 10 has suddenly started malfunctioning and I suspect it is because a Windows update erased the driver. I can no longer do two finger scroll and the pointer speed is slow. When I try to find the touchpad settings, the tab does not...
  7. Two finger scroll disabled & no touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  9. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  10. Having problem in login with finger scanner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having problem in login with finger scanner: I am having simplepass finger scanner. Whenever I login using the scanner, my mouse curser blinks show busy circle. It slows down the PC & does not allow typing. The moment I type anything it gets selected and gets deleted. Only once I disabled by windows biometric service...