Windows 10: Touchpad and gestures issue - Inspiron 15 7000 series Windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad and gestures issue - Inspiron 15 7000 series Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Inspiron 15 7000 series with windows 10. Now i am not a computer Geek so spare my vocabulary. Since past few months I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VirenAjmera, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Touchpad and gestures issue - Inspiron 15 7000 series Windows 10

Hello, I am using Inspiron 15 7000 series with windows 10. Now i am not a computer Geek so spare my vocabulary.

Since past few months I have been facing touchpad issue. The touchpad gestures doesn't seem to work completely. I am not able to use the full functionality of a touch gesture, such as two fingre, three fingre, four finger, tap for click Selection.

Now, I have tried to solve it through various ways, such as driver re-installation, laptop reset but I am just not able to fix this issue permanently.

Is there someone who can help me fix this issue.

:)

VirenAjmera, Mar 9, 2021

2. Touchpad issues on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Since, the above steps did not help to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to go to the below link, download the Synaptics Touchpad driver and install it in compatibility mode.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-7000/drivers

• Right-click on the Synaptics Touchpad driver setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to contact to the computer manufacturer and check if they have released Synaptics Touchpad driver for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 9, 2021
  3. ddiehl Win User
    Dell Inspiron 7000 series touchpad help

Hi..

Was wondering if someone could assist me with finding the proper touchpad driver for my new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series (P69G) so I can enable one finger scrolling. I went here Software Drivers | White Papers | Product Briefs | Videos | Synaptics and dowloaded the the PS/2 driver but it doesn't show the red 'Synaptics' tab under mouse settings in Control Panel like my old Lenovo laptop did..

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks..

ddiehl, Mar 9, 2021
  4. DavidS910 Win User

Touchpad and gestures issue - Inspiron 15 7000 series Windows 10

Touchpad issues on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 following Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading my Dell Inspiron 17 7000 from windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my touchpad has been experiencing a couple of issues. The touchpad will show occasional unresponsiveness with the mouse pointer lasting about 10 seconds, however right clicking still
    brings up the menu. Multi-finger gestures are also not working including scrolling, zooming and settings shortcuts. The multi finger issues exist at all times, not just with the pointer unresponsiveness.

I have already attempted to update my touchpad driver, but this didn't solve the issue. Rebooting the machine occasionally solves the issue, but only about 60% of the time.

Any suggestions?

DavidS910, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad and gestures issue - Inspiron 15 7000 series Windows 10

1. Touchpad and gestures issue - Inspiron 15 7000 series Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad gestures issue

2. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series No Bootable Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series No Bootable Device: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series. It originally had Windows 8, then I upgraded it to Windows 10. I later downgraded it back to Windows 8, formatted it, and installed the OS using a bootable USB. The issue arises when I finish installing the OS and eject the...
  3. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000: I switched out the keyboard on my gal laptop when I put everything back together it didn't want to start it And ask for a bit recovery key.. I entered the information but now it says attempting repairs but it has been saying that for quite some time should I turn it off and...
  4. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000: I switched out the keyboard on my gal laptop when I put everything back together it didn't want to start it And ask for a bit recovery key.. I entered the information but now it says attempting repairs but it has been saying that for quite some time should I turn it off and...
  5. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Touchpad Inspiron 15 Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Inspiron 15 Support: Hi, so I was just playing with my friends a game and then suddenly my Touchpad was not working. I thought it was a virus because I recently downloaded a thing which allows me too play something. I thought I just turned the Touchpad off, so I just put it in the charger, I wait...
  7. Touchpad Inspiron 15 Support

Touchpad Inspiron 15 Support: Hi, so I was just playing with my friends a game and then suddenly my Touchpad was not working. I thought it was a virus because I recently downloaded a thing which allows me too play something. I thought I just turned the Touchpad off, so I just put it in the charger, I wait...
  8. Inspiron 15 7000 gaming: Windows 10 not able to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inspiron 15 7000 gaming: Windows 10 not able to boot: Device: Dell inspiron 15 7000 laptop Bios: 01.00.00 When booting, Windows boot manager does not make it past Dell logo. Then attempts to run Automatic Repair. Restart - same thing Uninstal latest update - unable to, have pending updates Boot from UEFI does the same...
  9. Touchpad gesture issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gesture issue: On my touchpad when I tap with three fingers it calls up cortana, but in my touchpad setting it has the setting as middle mouse click, which is what it normally does. My computer randomly did this change and I cannot figure out what is making it call up cortana instead middle...
  10. Dell Inspiron 7000 series touchpad help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 7000 series touchpad help: Hi.. Was wondering if someone could assist me with finding the proper touchpad driver for my new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series (P69G) so I can enable one finger scrolling. I went here Software Drivers | White Papers | Product Briefs | Videos | Synaptics and dowloaded the...