Windows 10: Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?

Discus and support Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What does it mean when it says that my keyboard migrated? I have no idea what happened to my keyboard and touchpad. Any help please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karinavasquez1, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?

What does it mean when it says that my keyboard migrated? I have no idea what happened to my keyboard and touchpad. Any help please.

:)

karinavasquez1, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad disabled not working

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual.

I will certainly help you.

Kindly, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

a. Press “Windows key +
    W
    ”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” and hit
    Enter.

c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the
    Troubleshooter Window.

d. Select “Hardware and Devices” under
    Devices option.

e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install the drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Touchpad drivers and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Search for Human Interface Device and expand it.

• Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the keyboard drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website to download the input drivers for your laptop and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Keyboards and
      expand it.

• Right click on the keyboard drivers and select Uninstall.

Also refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?

1. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - Touchpad Keyboard working

2. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update: Hello, I have a Lenovo T530 laptop. Until yesterday 9/2/2023,it was running fine. Yesterday morning, I did a scan to find outdated drivers. Found 7 of them. Updated them one at a time. After putting in the last one Did not know what it was for and restarting the machine,...
  3. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update: Hello, I have a Lenovo T530 laptop. Until yesterday 9/2/2023,it was running fine. Yesterday morning, I did a scan to find outdated drivers. Found 7 of them. Updated them one at a time. After putting in the last one Did not know what it was for and restarting the machine,...
  4. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  5. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  6. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update

Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update: I need help with my HP envy x360 laptop, it seems that everytime there is an update my touchpad and keyboard stop working. Last time I had this issue I had to take it to a repair shop and they had to reset my whole computer and I lost all my files. This time I backed up my...
  8. Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update

Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update: Earlier I was the old version of windows 10. Now I have installed the latest version of window 10 to my system. Here are the details: Window details: Window 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build: 18363.592 / 18363.836 Tried both of them i.e. without and after window update...
  9. keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update

keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update: this morning i turn on my acer e15 laptop and both the keyboard and the touchpad are non-responsive. iused the on-screen keyboard to login and tried every possible fix and it still not working i checked the update history and could not locate the mentioned update to...
  10. Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!

Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!: I am having a weird problem with my laptop. It's keyboard and touchpad stooped working a few days after windows 10 upgrade. I have tried so many thing to resolve the issue! I restarted several times. I tried log in in safe mode. didn't work. I updated the drivers....