Windows 10: Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

Discus and support Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad and keyboard stop working after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it works for a few seconds, but always stops. They only start working again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kewtaylor13, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

My touchpad and keyboard stop working after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it works for a few seconds, but always stops. They only start working again if I force restart. This problem has persisted for months and through several Windows updates.

All my drivers are up to date. I've run troubleshooting on both my keyboard and touchpad.

Regular troubleshooting comes up no results. When I troubleshoot my laptop in Devices & Printers, here are the errors listed:

Synaptics SMBus Driver has a driver problem.

MTP USB Device has a driver problem.

HID Sensor Collection V2 has a driver problem.

I have troubleshooted and restarted all three of these issues but nothing works. They always appear again after troubleshooting.

I'm at the end of my rope. Please help.

:)

kewtaylor13, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Geschi Win User

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Feb 6, 2021
  4. johkar1 Win User

Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 Keyboard & Touchpad/Cursor Not Activating

‎The keyboard and touchpad/cursor stop working...usually after having the laptop wake up from sleep mode. Rebooting doesn't work. It just seems to magically start working again eventually. It is not in tablet mode but acts like it is. What can I try? The drivers are up to date (using Driver Booster 6 Shareware) and I have also tried uninstalling them even though Windows 10 says they are working. Sometimes I can get it to activate fairly quickly and other times it takes many reboots and playing with it. Once they are active it works perfectly until the lid is closed and it goes to sleep...or sometimes it doesn't even have to go to sleep...just stops working.

I've taken the back cover off the laptop and checked connections...limited knowledge. Also blew everything out with compressed air. Turning tablet mode on and off doesn't work.

johkar1, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

1. Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep - Similar Threads - Touchpad keyboard stop

2. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  3. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  4. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update

Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update: I need help with my HP envy x360 laptop, it seems that everytime there is an update my touchpad and keyboard stop working. Last time I had this issue I had to take it to a repair shop and they had to reset my whole computer and I lost all my files. This time I backed up my...
  6. Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load

Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load: As soon as Windows login complete Touch Pad and Keyboard stop working Model: HP Pavilion 360 Windows 10 Troubleshooting tried Keyboard and touch Pad working well before Login Keyboard verified on startup after pressing Eec key on start ,keyboard works well...
  7. keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update

keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update: this morning i turn on my acer e15 laptop and both the keyboard and the touchpad are non-responsive. iused the on-screen keyboard to login and tried every possible fix and it still not working i checked the update history and could not locate the mentioned update to...
  8. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...
  9. Touchpad stops working after sleep mode

Touchpad stops working after sleep mode: After my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop wakes up from sleep mode, the touchpad doesn't work. The touchpad enable button won't work, the touchpad only functioning after I restart my laptop. I already updated my drivers and reinstalled them....
  10. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...