Windows 10: touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

Discus and support touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alifa Meidra, Dec 2, 2018.

1. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system restore everytime it happens? are there any ways to solve this permanently?

:)

Alifa Meidra, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Geschi Win User

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Dec 2, 2018
  4. GarySt Win User

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work

Thanks Ed Tittel,
    I thought I managed to fix it with the Synaptics drivers as you suggests. So I went to install all of them. But now I see that the problem is still on. Every couple of hours/days suddenly the keyboard stops working completely, and only after restart/hibernate-rehibernate it becomes responsive again.

GarySt, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

1. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - touchpad keyboard suddenly

2. suddenly my touchpad working stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly my touchpad working stop: Today i wok on my laptop but suddenly touchpad working stoped. i dont use mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-touchpad-working-stop/37ef4bfa-3250-422f-a71e-672bbed0d6e6
  3. suddenly my touchpad working stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suddenly my touchpad working stop: Today i wok on my laptop but suddenly touchpad working stoped. i dont use mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-touchpad-working-stop/37ef4bfa-3250-422f-a71e-672bbed0d6e6
  4. My touchpad suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad suddenly stopped working: My touchpad stopped working, and in the settings only appear the option to choose the cursor speed. The option to enable or disable the touchpad doesn`t show up anymore. Can anyone guide me to solve it?...
  5. My touchpad suddenly stopped working

My touchpad suddenly stopped working: My touchpad stopped working, and in the settings only appear the option to choose the cursor speed. The option to enable or disable the touchpad doesn`t show up anymore. Can anyone guide me to solve it?...
  6. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  7. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  8. Suddenly the touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly the touchpad stopped working: Hello. The touchpad has stopped working, the cursor does not move. The FN+F9 keys do not work. I think I did something, either I disabled the service or something.. I did not make a restore point, and if I restore it, the drivers and programs that I installed recently will be...
  9. Touchpad suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad suddenly stopped working.: My touchpad suddenly stopped working. Acer Swift 314-56 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-suddenly-stopped-working/9ed5240e-cb0b-4ef8-8e56-5a7a855eac3c
  10. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my touchpad stop working suddenly then when i press any key then working again

2. windows 10 touchpad stops working randomly

3. my keyboard and touchpad suddenly stopped working

4. laptop mouse pad and keyboard suddenly stopped working,
  5. keyboard stop working suddenly,
  6. my touchpad stops working suddenly,
  7. touchpad and keyboard suddenly get corrupted,
  8. help i reset my computer and my touchpad worked again then suddenly it stopped