Windows 10: touchpad and keyboard

Discus and support touchpad and keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by samuelmurie, Mar 23, 2019.

1. touchpad and keyboard

how do I use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time

:)

samuelmurie, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would recommend you to reset the drivers for your keyboard. To reset the drivers, please follow the following steps:

1. Right click on the start button and open Device Manager.
    2. Under Keyboards, you will find Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
    3. Right click on it and click on uninstall.

Then restart your computer which will reset the drivers.

Note: If you find multiple options under keyboards, uninstall the drivers for all the options listed (only under keyboards category) and restart your computer. Also you can follow the same steps to fix the issue with your touchpad
    (if it still persist). Touchpad drivers will be posted under Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naresh_K, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 corrupts both my keyboard and touchpad

Hi,

You could face this issue due to corrupt or outdated keyboard and the touchpad drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

Method 1: Run the hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Move to next method when the issue still persists.

Method 2: Uninstall the Keyboard and Mouse driver and then reinstall it.

Step 1: Follow these steps to uninstall the
    Keyboard and Mouse Drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Keyboard and Mouse
      and expand it.

• Right click on the Keyboard and MouseDrivers
      and select Uninstall.

Step 2: Reinstall the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website and then download drivers for Windows 10.

laptops and netbooks :: yoga series :: yoga 13 notebook ideapad - FR

Let us know about the status of the issue. We will help you further.

PranavMishra5582, Mar 23, 2019
  4. touchpad and keyboard

Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

touchpad and keyboard

1. touchpad and keyboard - Similar Threads - touchpad keyboard

2. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  3. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  4. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  6. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  7. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...: I just clean installed windows 11 yesterday on my laptop and then my mouse wasn't working so I updated the drivers then when I restarted my laptop and now the keyboard also wasn't working. I tried resetting the bios , restarting but nothing happened....
  9. I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...

I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...: I just clean installed windows 11 yesterday on my laptop and then my mouse wasn't working so I updated the drivers then when I restarted my laptop and now the keyboard also wasn't working. I tried resetting the bios , restarting but nothing happened....
  10. Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work

Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work: "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" ruined my laptop after following this https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard-permanently/ guide to permanently remove/uninstall my built in keyboard everything just stop working my touchpad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i use my touchpad