Windows 10: Touchpad and mice don't work

Discus and support Touchpad and mice don't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [IMG]i have problems with touchpad No touchpad or mouse don't work, so i have to controll laptop with keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenjaminZupan1, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Touchpad and mice don't work

Touchpad and mice don't work [​IMG]i have problems with touchpad

No touchpad or mouse don't work, so i have to controll laptop with keyboard.

:)

BenjaminZupan1, Jan 9, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 9, 2021
  3. My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Touchpad and mice don't work

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad and mice don't work

1. Touchpad and mice don't work - Similar Threads - Touchpad mice don't

2. touchpad gestures don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    touchpad gestures don't work: I tried to go to the touchpad settings but most of the options are missing. Reinstalling the driver didn't help. Actually, the system told me that everything was fine with the touchpad. FIY: on the right side of the touchpad options (I can only see the one triggering the...
  3. Touchpad and mice don't work becauseof code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and mice don't work becauseof code 10: So i uninstalled touchpad drivers and updated them, but nothing happens, and it says that thi is code 10. My 3 other mice dont work when plugged in. I need help [IMG]...
  4. Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work

Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  5. Hardware mouse and Touchpad isn't working, Mice in device manager is missing

Hardware mouse and Touchpad isn't working, Mice in device manager is missing: Hi there! So I have problem with my windows, HARDWARE MOUSE also TOUCHPAD ISN'T WORKING, Mice in DEVICE MANAGER IS MISSING. So what should I do? Please help me because tomorrow I should attend my class....
  6. USB-mice not working

USB-mice not working: So I've had this problem earlier already but restarting the device used to help. Now it doesn't. Any mouse that I plug in gets recognized, the bottom right corner message, which says something like "USB-Mouse is being set up", then, a couple of seconds later, it tells me that...
  7. Samsung 9 Touchpad don't working

Samsung 9 Touchpad don't working: Hello! I install many versions og Drivers, old versions, rulled back , but nothing helping. When I update the last version Driver on Devicemanager , my muse draging everytime. When i move the muse whitout any touch, but draging. No I install old driver 2006 comfortable...
  8. Bluetooth Mice dont work

Bluetooth Mice dont work: I've updated all drivers on my 4g ram/ 64g storage variant of the surface go and I still have this issue where I can connect to a bluetooth mouse but it wont let me use it, it will show as connected and wont let me control the mouse with it, tried different mice and updating...
  9. Windows key and touchpad don't work in game

Windows key and touchpad don't work in game: Even after turning off game mode they don't work, what can I do? submitted by /u/namyu25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efi4nw/windows_key_and_touchpad_dont_work_in_game/
  10. Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.: First of all, I'm running Windows 10 on a 2017 MacBook Air with BootCamp and I gave Windows a 125 GB partition. I want to change the touchpad settings because I can't tap to click but when I expand "Mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager screen the only thing...