Windows 10: touchpad and pointer

Discus and support touchpad and pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by erob12, Oct 25, 2019.

1. erob12 Win User

touchpad and pointer

How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning.

:)

erob12, Oct 25, 2019

2. Pointer slides out

Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want,
    and
    leave finger from touchpad,

pointer moves and slides out
    Any suggestions?

electron100, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 25, 2019
  4. touchpad and pointer

touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

touchpad and pointer 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

touchpad and pointer

1. touchpad and pointer - Similar Threads - touchpad pointer

2. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  3. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  4. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  5. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  6. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  8. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  9. Mice/Pointer Devices Section just Gone on Device Manager along with touchpad usage. No idea...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mice/Pointer Devices Section just Gone on Device Manager along with touchpad usage. No idea...: Hello. Here is my issue. I have a Samsung laptop that had been working perfectly fine. That said, the ability to use the touchpad just stopped all of a sudden. I was still able to touch the screen and move around, so I figured it would come back after restarting the computer....
  10. Mice/Pointer Devices Section just Gone on Device Manager along with touchpad usage. No idea...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mice/Pointer Devices Section just Gone on Device Manager along with touchpad usage. No idea...: Hello. Here is my issue. I have a Samsung laptop that had been working perfectly fine. That said, the ability to use the touchpad just stopped all of a sudden. I was still able to touch the screen and move around, so I figured it would come back after restarting the computer....