Windows 10: Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had issues with my touchpad since February when my computer turned off and started installing updates by force. I had managed to more or less... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElectronicFog, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10

I have had issues with my touchpad since February when my computer turned off and started installing updates by force. I had managed to more or less correct them until the recent forced installation of updates messed with it again. In order to use the touchpad I have to leave one finger on the pad and move the arrow with a second finger. If I use only one finger the pointer either does not move or it jumps all over the place. Right-click does not work either unless I do this. Scrolling with 2 fingers causes the pointer to jump or the page to scroll the opposite way. 3-finger gestures rarely work. This ridiculous problem has sometimes gone away by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but it always comes back when turning on the computer the next day. The touchpad drivers are up to date.

The spacebar has also been affected by the installation of forced updates. Unless you press down on the middle of the bar it won´t register the command. When typing you usually press the edges of the bar and now this won't work. Just typing this I have had to go back and press the spacebar again about 14 times because the words come out with no space between them.

These issues are so specifically frustrating and all the more so because they come from unwanted updates that were forced upon my computer without my consent. If you are going to continue with this practice at least fix the issues that come with your "updates".

Thank you.

:)

ElectronicFog, Nov 17, 2020

2. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 17, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10

1. Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad spacebar issues

2. Windows 11. Force Touchpad as Touchpad instead mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. Force Touchpad as Touchpad instead mouse: Hi,I've bought a Touch tablet with windows 11, then i've also taken a dedicated keyboard with trackpad or touchpad embedded. Plugging in it works fine but the touchpad is recognized as mouse instead touchpad. This don't allow me to customize gesture settings and, the most...
  3. Windows 11. Force Touchpad as Touchpad instead mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11. Force Touchpad as Touchpad instead mouse: Hi,I've bought a Touch tablet with windows 11, then i've also taken a dedicated keyboard with trackpad or touchpad embedded. Plugging in it works fine but the touchpad is recognized as mouse instead touchpad. This don't allow me to customize gesture settings and, the most...
  4. Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Issue after forced Windows update: Windows updated on our shared domain using Windows PRO and now the mouses on two of our desktops force you to use the same settings. Unfortunately we have a left handed person and a right handed person on both these desktops. After windows forced an update, when the left...
  5. Audio issues after forced update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues after forced update: Hi. Yesterday, a forced update (KB4549951) that was installed (even though my updates are paused), caused an issue with audio. My microphone now not only takes in my mic audio, but my desktop audio as well. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/SupaIsaiah016 [link]...
  6. TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356), the scrolling feature on my laptop's touchpad ceased to work. The mouse still works from the touchpad. However, the two-finger scroll feature is no longer working. I have an ASUS laptop....
  7. SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE: I HATE WINDOWS! THANKS FOR THE SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC!!! YOUR LONG ANNOYING **** UPDATE IS NOT NEEDED. GO **** YOURSLEF. I WILL NEVER BUY WINDOWS AGAIN. **** YOU. MUSIC IS ALL I NEEDED NOT YOUR...
  8. Forced update issues

Forced update issues: My computer updated Windows on 8/12/19. I am unable to sign into my user profile, getting the error message "You are logged on with a temporary profile. Roaming options are currently unavailable" I believe because I am not signed on with my profile, I am also not able to...
  9. How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?

How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?: The question is in the title. My computer wants to restart itself several times a week at totally random occasions and in the middle of presentations and movies etc. Totally annoying. Why do we need updates every day? The downloads also slow the computer down. I know it is...
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity issue after Windwos update, Windows 10

Touchpad Sensitivity issue after Windwos update, Windows 10: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...