Windows 10: Touchpad and touch screen not working

Discus and support Touchpad and touch screen not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a temporary storage error, so I tried to fix it to free up some space. I went and booted into safe mod and was stuck because I had forgotten my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dazaidc, Jan 2, 2020.

1. dazaidc Win User

Touchpad and touch screen not working

I had a temporary storage error, so I tried to fix it to free up some space. I went and booted into safe mod and was stuck because I had forgotten my microsoft password. I tried booting into safe mode with network, but I still could not connect to the internet. My only option was to reset my laptop. In the process of doing so, it completely removed all of the program and features that had originally came with my laptop. I tried to reinstall windows, but perhaps I installed the wrong one. Now both my touch screen and touchpad are not working. I’ve tried looking in device manager but both the “hid compliant touch screen” and “mice and other pointing devices” were missing. I also tried to update the BIOS. Are there any other options left?

:)

dazaidc, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Timez Win User
    Asus X551C Laptop touch screen stopped working - Win10 Clean Install

Hi,

I have an asus X551C laptop which used to have touch screen working (NOT Touchpad)...

After a clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 it no longer works.

It was working with the original OS - Windows 8

I have installed the chipset drivers from their website like some other forums / posts would suggest for this problem.

Also a lot of them say to disable and re-enable the HID complient monitor but at the moment it says Generic PNP Monitor.

The hardware ID for the monitor is MONITOR\CMO15A7

(I am fixing this for a friend and she is adament it was touch screen - she said a keyboard used to come up when touching the screen and she could swipe through photos and skip music tracks etc even with the Touchpad disabled)

I do not know what else to try to diagnose this or to get it working - any suggestions would be most welcome!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me.

Darren

Timez, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Touchpad and touch screen not working

Touch Screen not working

Hi there Hussu! I have a few possible solutions for your issue:

Method 1:

Please check Windows Update to make sure that you have downloaded and installed all of the latest updates, including optional updates, this might fix the issue by updating the Touch screen drive. Refer to the following steps.

a. At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

b. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

c. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Method 2:

Let's run the hardware troubleshooter and check if that helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a) Press the ‘Windows + w’ and type ‘troubleshooting’ in the search and press enter.

b) Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ and select ‘Hardware and Devices’ and click on ‘next’ to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3:

I will suggest you to try and update the touch screen drivers and check for the resolution.

You may follow the steps:

Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.

Expand Human Interface Devices.

Locate the Touch screen driver.

Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.

Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.

Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touchpad driver.

SonGoku'sSon, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad and touch screen not working

1. Touchpad and touch screen not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad touch screen

2. New computer touch screen, mouse, touchpad do not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer touch screen, mouse, touchpad do not work.: Just recieve a new computer purchased on QVC and the following do not work, touchpad, touch screen and wireless mouse. Computer starts and key broad work....
  3. New computer touch screen, mouse, touchpad do not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer touch screen, mouse, touchpad do not work.: Just recieve a new computer purchased on QVC and the following do not work, touchpad, touch screen and wireless mouse. Computer starts and key broad work....
  4. Touch Screen Not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Not working.: I have HP EliteBook 820 laptop. I was working and suddenly my laptop touchscreen stop working. Now I am trying hard and try all possible solution. I think some shortcut key is press by me so that why it turn off or not working. If any solution please tell me....
  5. Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen: My touchpad and touch screen are now unresponsive after getting a Windows update and a driver update. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can I do to fix it?...
  6. Touch screen not working!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch screen not working!!!: I have a touch screen that I bought on amazon but it dose not want to work on my pc. Before it use to work but now it doesn't. I am NOT using a laptop and I don't see HID-compliant touch screen. The only way I do see it is when I go to view show hidden devices. I even tried...
  7. touch screen not working.

touch screen not working.: Hello, I installed windows 10 on my Ematic1118 ns. I need the display driver. Ematic wont respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-not-working/df8564d1-e36e-425a-9470-0dba6c875fbc
  8. Touch Screen not Working

Touch Screen not Working: I have a touch screen attached to my desktop that is not working. I have upgraded to the latest version of WIndows 3/17/2020. When I look at HID devices, there is no HID for touchscreen. On the system screen it explicitly states "No Pen or Touch input is available for this...
  9. How to turn on touchpad with no touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on touchpad with no touch screen: My touch pad and touch screen are off. Oops. Can I turn them on with my keyboard or do i have to buy a mouse? submitted by /u/primetimepimp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/em0zgx/how_to_turn_on_touchpad_with_no_touch_screen/
  10. touch screen not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen not working: touch pad and keyboard work but since last two updates in the last two days, my touch screen does not respong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-not-working/8874f04d-99f3-441a-b596-71a330aa8c99