Windows 10: touchpad becomes unresponsive if i long press

Discus and support touchpad becomes unresponsive if i long press in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi. i have problem with my elan touchpad. driver name is elan input device. i updated from 11.5 driver version to 24.13. after that when i long press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kakhikochauri, Dec 7, 2021.

1. touchpad becomes unresponsive if i long press

hi. i have problem with my elan touchpad. driver name is elan input device. i updated from 11.5 driver version to 24.13. after that when i long press touchpad it becomes unresponsive until i lift my finger and touch it again. for example if i touch touchpad for lets say one sec and then move my finger cursor doesnt move. i tried other driver versions too but have same problem only 11 version driver dont have this problem but 11 version driver dont have three finger gestures. also hid l2c driver have same problem too. can you help me ? sorry for bad english

:)

kakhikochauri, Dec 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update Renders Touchpad Unresponsive

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you have ended up in this situation.
    I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touchpad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persists try next method.

Method 2.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Touchpad drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the hardware and devices.

c. Right-click on the Touchpad drivers and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Touchpad lock while pressing keys on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 7, 2021
  4. touchpad becomes unresponsive if i long press

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

touchpad becomes unresponsive if i long press

1. touchpad becomes unresponsive if i long press - Similar Threads - touchpad becomes unresponsive

2. Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often: Hello,Very often on my computer the touchpad becomes mostly unresponsive. What happens is that suddenly the entire middle part of the touchpad won't let you click or drag anywhere, only the very bottom left and right parts will let you right/left click. A workaround is to go...
  3. Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often: Hello,Very often on my computer the touchpad becomes mostly unresponsive. What happens is that suddenly the entire middle part of the touchpad won't let you click or drag anywhere, only the very bottom left and right parts will let you right/left click. A workaround is to go...
  4. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  5. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  6. Left half of touchpad becomes unresponsive at times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left half of touchpad becomes unresponsive at times: I just got a new laptop which is running Windows 11 home. At random times, the left half of the mouse pad does not respond to touches or clicks. However, if I drag my finger from the right side to the left it does continue to read the touch, but only until the finger remains...
  7. Left half of touchpad becomes unresponsive at times

Left half of touchpad becomes unresponsive at times: I just got a new laptop which is running Windows 11 home. At random times, the left half of the mouse pad does not respond to touches or clicks. However, if I drag my finger from the right side to the left it does continue to read the touch, but only until the finger remains...
  8. Computer becoming unresponsive

Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  9. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...