Windows 10: Touchpad Button Malfunction

Discus and support Touchpad Button Malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The left button on my touchpad developed a hard to describe malfunction. Turning on right-handed mode improved the functionality, but accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gregyurkon, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Touchpad Button Malfunction

The left button on my touchpad developed a hard to describe malfunction. Turning on right-handed mode improved the functionality, but accidentally clicking the left button creates a complicated, frustrating situated which can usually only be resolved by restarting. Is there something in the settings or the registry which can disable the button until I get it fixed?

:)

gregyurkon, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Surfbass Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade - Regarding Drivers (Lenovo Z580)

I have a Z580 that was running Windows 7 with all service packs current. I upgraded to Win10 and have had no hardware problems or malfunctions with one exception, the touchpad.

Lenovo's website does indicate that the touchpad "may not be fully compatible" with Win10. In my case, the function of the left-click button on the touchpad has become intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. However, the right click button seems
    to work all the time, and so does the touchpad itself. This isn't what I consider a fatal flaw...if the left click doesn't work, I just tap the touchpad. More and More I'm just using the touchpad, like a Mac.

Surfbass, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Mouse and touchpad secondary button malfunction

Hi,

Please refer to the troubleshooting methods mentioned below and check if the issue can be fixed.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
      Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope it helps!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Touchpad Button Malfunction

I found an alternative answer. At Walgreens, I saw that mice were marked down from $11 to $6 and I bought the last one. It works surprisingly well for a $6 Walgreens mouse. I'm still curious about my initial question, although it's no longer urgent.

gregyurkon, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

Touchpad Button Malfunction

1. Touchpad Button Malfunction - Similar Threads - Touchpad Button Malfunction

2. backspace button is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  3. Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 3 and just today, my touchpad started malfunctioning. I can still move it to any direction I want to however I can't click anything. I tried updating it on the Device Manager but it still won't work so it is a hassle for me. My mouse is...
  4. Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning

Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 3 and just today, my touchpad started malfunctioning. I can still move it to any direction I want to however I can't click anything. I tried updating it on the Device Manager but it still won't work so it is a hassle for me. My mouse is...
  5. touchpad malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad malfunction: hi , i own HP pavilion gaming 16-a0xxx. My touch doesnt work. the i2c hid device doesnt work and it says This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.please provide help....
  6. touchpad malfunction

touchpad malfunction: hi , i own HP pavilion gaming 16-a0xxx. My touch doesnt work. the i2c hid device doesnt work and it says This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.please provide help....
  7. Touchpad malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad malfunction: Hiya! I own a HP 15 laptop.I bought this laptop in November 2020.Recently I have been facing an issue with my trackpad being unresponsive.The cursor lags sometimes and sometimes completly refuses to move after i press ctrl+alt+delete and shut it down and boot it up the issue...
  8. Touchpad Malfunction...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Malfunction...: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop (with touchscreen), but ever since I installed the latest software update, my mousepad had been acting funny. Whenever I close and re-open the laptop, the mousepad becomes completely unresponsive. I’ve tried updating my drivers, I’ve tried...
  9. Touchpad malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad malfunctioning: In my lenovo laptop, the touchpad was malfunctioning so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but since then, whenever I move my mouse over any file or select it, it automatically starts getting deleted so many times. Please tell me how to fix this issue....
  10. Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a windows 10. I spilled water slightly on my touchpad, and now I cannot move my mouse, it spazzes out and I have to use the touch screen to click on anything. I cleaned up the water on the touchpad and whatever fell on the keyboard as well, but my keyboard is working...