Windows 10: Touchpad Buttons

Discus and support Touchpad Buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried so many things to try and fix it.. I've been trying to fix the buttons the lower buttons won't work and its such a pain is there anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexandraGuzman2, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Touchpad Buttons

I've tried so many things to try and fix it.. I've been trying to fix the buttons the lower buttons won't work and its such a pain is there anybody with advice or knows how to fix it?

:)

AlexandraGuzman2, Jun 11, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 11, 2021
  3. dsmith888 Win User
    Lenovo T400 touchpad tapping and buttons fail

I recently made a mistake. I loaded the latest Synaptic touchpad to this T400 attempting to fix 'zoom' capability. Only afterwards I noticed T400 is not on the approved list. So I rolled back (also redownloaded, also reapplied old driver). The current situation is the cursor works fine but tapping and buttons do not work. Also note that USB mouse via HID compliant driver works fine.

I don't think it is related to the Windows version (currently on 1903) since I booted from Kyhi's 1703 rescue disk and the problem persists. What suggestions can this forum provide?

Thanks in advance

dsmith888, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Touchpad Buttons

My touchpad left button

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Sound troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Hardware and Sound troubleshooter
    and check.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to update your touchpad drivers and check.

Method 2:

Before you update the drivers, please enable the computer to get automatic updates,

Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

You may also download the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.

Hope this information is helpful.
    Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad Buttons

1. Touchpad Buttons - Similar Threads - Touchpad Buttons

2. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...
  3. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...
  4. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  5. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  6. My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.: I got a new laptop recently It runs on the Windows 11 operating system, and essentially the touchpad buttons behave weirdly. Left-clicking and right-clicking both do the exact same thing -- they just click. I can open and close tabs, select/open apps, etc, however, the...
  7. My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.

My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.: I got a new laptop recently It runs on the Windows 11 operating system, and essentially the touchpad buttons behave weirdly. Left-clicking and right-clicking both do the exact same thing -- they just click. I can open and close tabs, select/open apps, etc, however, the...
  8. Please help with resizing the area for the right mouse button click on the touchpad windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with resizing the area for the right mouse button click on the touchpad windows 10: I would like to adjust the size of the area on the right click on the touchpad so I have quite a large touchpad and my right hand rests on the right side of it but I do a lot of left clicking so therefore I have to travel with my hand over half the touchpad to do a left click...
  9. Please help with resizing the area for the right mouse button click on the touchpad windows 10

Please help with resizing the area for the right mouse button click on the touchpad windows 10: I would like to adjust the size of the area on the right click on the touchpad so I have quite a large touchpad and my right hand rests on the right side of it but I do a lot of left clicking so therefore I have to travel with my hand over half the touchpad to do a left click...
  10. Please help with resizing the area for the right mouse button click on the touchpad windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization