Windows 10: TouchPad click

Discus and support TouchPad click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I stop the click sound when I use the TouchPad? There is nothing in the settings for this. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sherrieJY, May 26, 2019.

1. sherrieJY Win User

TouchPad click

How can I stop the click sound when I use the TouchPad? There is nothing in the settings for this.

Thanks!

:)

sherrieJY, May 26, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 26, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, May 26, 2019
  4. TouchPad click

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, May 26, 2019
Thema:

TouchPad click

1. TouchPad click - Similar Threads - TouchPad click

2. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  3. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  4. My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.: My laptop's touchpad left click is working but it's right click, gestures, zoom, scroll, etc. features are not. I have checked the settings and everything is alright there, updated my drivers, restarted my pc as well but isssue still persists. Can anyone recommend what steps...
  5. My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.

My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.: My laptop's touchpad left click is working but it's right click, gestures, zoom, scroll, etc. features are not. I have checked the settings and everything is alright there, updated my drivers, restarted my pc as well but isssue still persists. Can anyone recommend what steps...
  6. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...
  7. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...
  8. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  9. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  10. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i turn off double click on touchpad 2019