Windows 10: Touchpad completely missing in settings

Discus and support Touchpad completely missing in settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was running some sort of "driver fixer", which was supposedly fixing my touchpad. However, it completely uninstalled the touchpad driver from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HaydenFu, Mar 27, 2021.

1. HaydenFu Win User

Touchpad completely missing in settings

I was running some sort of "driver fixer", which was supposedly fixing my touchpad. However, it completely uninstalled the touchpad driver from my computer, and I have already tried manually downloading drivers from online; none work. The touchpad option from the "devices" part of windows settings is gone as well for example, and I cannot move my mouse with the touchpad. My device model is

ideapad 3-15IIL05 Laptop - Type 81WE

which is a lenovo. Can anyone help me?

:)

HaydenFu, Mar 27, 2021

2. Missing Touchpad Settings

My touchpad settings aren't present except for Taps setting. I don't know why I don't have them, other Windows 10 laptop at my home has them all. My windows version number is here:

Touchpad completely missing in settings [​IMG]

This is how the screen looks like:

And this is how it should look with all settings:

My touchpad is working even though scrolling and zooming doesn't work for whatever reason, the PC is MSI-GS60 6QE and there is look of ELAN TouchPad driver screen:

I don't know if it is alright when those settings are missing, so that's why I ask as I would like to mess with them but unfortunately I can't.

PavelDobCZ23, Mar 27, 2021
  3. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Ferds_N Win User

Touchpad Setting missing

Hi there Vallery, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

It is possible that the touchpad drive has gone missing or got corrupted.

We will need to check the device manager and see if the Touchpad drive is there or not. If you see the Touchpad drive please remove it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Windows key+ X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device, this is either in Human Interface device or Mice and other pointing devices and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

After the reboot please see it the problem is fixed.

More information here,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/402786....

Ferds_N, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Touchpad completely missing in settings - Similar Threads - Touchpad completely missing

2. Touchpad completely missing in settings and in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad completely missing in settings and in device manager: I have a new laptop. The first day it worked perfectly but when i turn it on the next day, the touchpad stopped working. Touchpad settings are completly missing from the blutooth and devices menu and also in the device manager. When i tried to install the drivers like HID I2C...
  3. Touchpad completely missing in settings and in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad completely missing in settings and in device manager: I have a new laptop. The first day it worked perfectly but when i turn it on the next day, the touchpad stopped working. Touchpad settings are completly missing from the blutooth and devices menu and also in the device manager. When i tried to install the drivers like HID I2C...
  4. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Touchpad Settings: I've been playing some videogames and it really bothers me when my cursor randomly flicks to another position. I realized that it was my touchpad and I was tapping it unintentionally while trying to press space.So, I went online and tried to see how can I disable the...
  5. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Touchpad Settings: I've been playing some videogames and it really bothers me when my cursor randomly flicks to another position. I realized that it was my touchpad and I was tapping it unintentionally while trying to press space.So, I went online and tried to see how can I disable the...
  6. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Touchpad Settings: My touchpad settings aren't present except for Taps setting. I don't know why I don't have them, other Windows 10 laptop at my home has them all. My windows version number is here: [img] This is how the screen looks like: [img] And this is how it should look with all...
  8. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Touchpad Settings: My touchpad settings aren't present except for Taps setting. I don't know why I don't have them, other Windows 10 laptop at my home has them all. My windows version number is here: [img] This is how the screen looks like: [img] And this is how it should look with all...
  9. Settings are missing for touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings are missing for touchpad: Previous touchpad settings used to have numerous choices to tweak yet currently's everything clear. Is there an approach to get to or recover those settings. Nothing for scroll direction. PC : HP 15 du2009tu Windows 10 2004 Troubleshooter doesn't recognize any issue...
  10. Touchpad Setting missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Setting missing: Just recently after doing an update I don't remember what, but it had the word Intel on it, I'm having trouble with my touchpad. It didn't work, and when I checked Settings, the touchpad setting is entirely missing. I checked the windows update history and I couldn't find the...