Windows 10: Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

Discus and support Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Last night I updated windows 11 to version 23H2. Since then I my touchpad cursor is gone. I have tried disabling and reenabling through the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelO75, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

Last night I updated windows 11 to version 23H2. Since then I my touchpad cursor is gone. I have tried disabling and reenabling through the device manager. Also checking for driver updates. I’ve tried all the function keys and have toggled touchpad settings in within Settings. Also have rolled back the updates and reinstalling. Restarting the laptop after each step. Nothing works.

:)

MichaelO75, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Lost touchpad cursor after Windows Update

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're getting this concern is due to system conflicts such as outdated drivers. To better assist you with the touchpad query, we'd like to ask a few questions:

We also suggest that you revive the unresponsive touchpad. To do this, you may check the steps below:

• Open Settings and click Devices.
    • Select Mouse and touchpad option and click Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Select the tab that names your laptop's touchpad, usually named after the brand and the touchpad model.
    • If you don’t see such a tab, go to the tab labeled Device Settings or
      ELAN where you can find your touchpad listed under Devices.
    • Click on the touchpad to select and press the Enable button.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Windows 11 - increase touchpad cursor travelling distance

I recently got my Win 11 upgrade and have an issue with touchpad. I am only using laptop touchpad, no hardware mouse. Previously (Win 10) when I moved my finger on my touchpad from bottom left to top right, cursor moved though whole screen. Now, the cursor moves barely to the center of screen. I am not talking about mouse speed, that is OK (I have it on max). I am talking about the distance it travels. When I want cursor to move to a distant spot, I need to repeatedly slide my finged on touchpad. Furthermore, I am using multiple connected screens and this behaviour is highly annoying. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks for any suggestion!

Matej Fabian, Mar 1, 2024
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

1. Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Touchpad cursor does

2. On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11: I have tried SFC scan and a few other things. I have ticked show virtual touch pad in the taskbar. When I click it nothing opens. Nothing happens. Googling for this problem is useless cause even using quotes, google just spits out people having touchpad issues, and I can't...
  3. Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update: Last night I updated windows 11 to version 23H2. Since then I my touchpad cursor is gone. I have tried disabling and reenabling through the device manager. Also checking for driver updates. I’ve tried all the function keys and have toggled touchpad settings in within...
  4. Windows 11 - increase touchpad cursor travelling distance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - increase touchpad cursor travelling distance: I recently got my Win 11 upgrade and have an issue with touchpad. I am only using laptop touchpad, no hardware mouse. Previously Win 10 when I moved my finger on my touchpad from bottom left to top right, cursor moved though whole screen. Now, the cursor moves barely to the...
  5. Windows 11 - increase touchpad cursor travelling distance

Windows 11 - increase touchpad cursor travelling distance: I recently got my Win 11 upgrade and have an issue with touchpad. I am only using laptop touchpad, no hardware mouse. Previously Win 10 when I moved my finger on my touchpad from bottom left to top right, cursor moved though whole screen. Now, the cursor moves barely to the...
  6. Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor: I switched on my hp laptop earlier today and I realize that the touchpad is not working and it’s not displayed cursor on it I have been trying so hard to restart it but is not going through Need someone to help me out please...
  7. Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor

Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor: I switched on my hp laptop earlier today and I realize that the touchpad is not working and it’s not displayed cursor on it I have been trying so hard to restart it but is not going through Need someone to help me out please...
  8. Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  10. touchpad and cursor not working after Windows 10 install

touchpad and cursor not working after Windows 10 install: Touchpad and cursor not working after windows 10 install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-cursor-not-working-after-windows-10/e4ee128c-83f3-4394-8495-1f91caa4bc1c