Windows 10: Touchpad Cursor Issues

Discus and support Touchpad Cursor Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems that cursor has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it will move into hyperdrive and I loose paragraphs/sentences I have been typing in numerous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pressing On, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Touchpad Cursor Issues

It seems that cursor has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it will move into hyperdrive and I loose paragraphs/sentences I have been typing in numerous different website comment sections. Other times while I am typing and email. Many times the site will magically be minimized or even closed. What am I doing wrong? How do I view/control swipe speed. I use 10.1, no mouse and seem to remember a previous version that if you moved the cursor to a corner something would happen. Is this what I am doing? Thanks!

:)

Pressing On, Jul 30, 2018

2. Issues with the cursor on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the cursor on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the cursor settings prior to this issue?

Follow these steps to make changes to the mouse pointer settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Devices and click on Mouse and Touchpad.

If need be then you may also click on additional mouse options to make necessary changes.

Once this is done close all windows and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Precision touchpad issue on Win10 10586

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Some of the most common causes of these problems are:

• The touchpad has been enabled or disabled. The touchpad might have been mistakenly enabled or disabled. The touchpad can be enabled or disabled in several ways, including using keyboard shortcuts (key combinations on the keyboard), using Device
      Manager, or by using the touchpad settings in Control Panel.

• The touchpad settings might be set incorrectly. Most touchpads have adjustable settings and these settings can make the touchpad function improperly if set incorrectly.

The sensitivity of the touchpad is set too high. If the sensitivity is set to high on the touchpad, any slight touch can cause the cursor to randomly jump to another location of the screen. To resolve this issue, lower the sensitivity setting
    of the touchpad using the touchpad settings.

To correct these issues, enable or disable the touchpad or adjust its settings. To do this, follow the steps for your version of Windows:

• Open Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click
      Mouse.

• Click the Touchpad tab, and then adjust the settings. On some PCs, the touchpad settings might be on the
      Buttons tab.
    Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Touchpad Cursor Issues

Cursor

Hi Peter,

Unstable mouse cursors can be caused by outdated drivers, dirt inside the mouse, and more. To make your cursor work properly again, we recommend that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse issues.

Update us if the steps in the article helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad Cursor Issues

1. Touchpad Cursor Issues - Similar Threads - Touchpad Cursor Issues

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  4. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  6. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  7. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  8. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  9. jumpy cursor with touchpad

jumpy cursor with touchpad: I have been having an issue with the touchpad on my laptop windows 10 ...I can move the cursor around just fine but when I go to click on something the cursor jumps a little bit away from the thing I want to click on. Sometimes it takes me 4 or 5 attempts to click on...
  10. Lost touchpad and cursor

Lost touchpad and cursor: Anyone know how to restore touchpad and cursor on windows 10 asus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-touchpad-and-cursor/bbc09351-4d20-4295-9689-81475cc0cbce