Windows 10: Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc....

Discus and support Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft laptop touch pad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... How can I get this to cease this annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MDCN_89, Jul 27, 2018.

1. MDCN_89 Win User

Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc....

Microsoft laptop touch pad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... How can I get this to cease this annoying feature? Screenshots attached.

Also, as I scroll and browse using the touch pad screen and pause (to read, for example), the cursor open the web pages in a new tab. Please help. Thanks.

Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... 55a51e2f-c976-4e85-a5a3-59828b5dadb5?upload=true.png

Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... fcdbb9f6-bdb6-45d4-8de1-580ce3dbbf5f?upload=true.png

Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... a3b0ff82-a19e-46b1-9be6-db9c89504336?upload=true.png

:)

MDCN_89, Jul 27, 2018
  2. shuggans Win User

vb.net select text from active cursor point in different window

hello all - working on a dictation application and looking for some guidance as far as selecting text from a cursor point in a window outside of the applications form. I'll clarify a bit: The application types at the current cursor point using sendkeys() as you speak.. and I'm trying to handle commands such as "select word" which should select the word to the right of the current cursor point. I know how to handle selecting text within an application, but am looking to be pointed in the right direction for information on selecting text from say microsoft word etc. but keep in mind the goal for the application is to be universal for use within any EMR, word processor, web browser etc.

Thanks for any assistance!

shuggans

shuggans, Jul 27, 2018
  3. LOST CURSOR!!

Here's a list of easy steps and all you need is the TAB and ARROW KEYS.

• Hit your windows button so the pop up menu appears
    • Type in mouse and TouchPad setting. Your computer will search for it
    • After selecting find "additional mouse options at the bottom of the screen 4.select the last tab. This should be the built in mouse pad.
    • Select "enable device". This should highlight your mouse pad or "smart pad"
    After applying the setting it should appear.

Jmarco0921, Jul 27, 2018
  4. marycb16 Win User

Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc....

Windows 10 Touchpad/Highlighting Text Problems

Hi,

My problem is actually two fold. I am having trouble with the touchpad--it only will work if I click in one precise spot, or not at all. Clicking on the bottom does not do anything, just one space on the top left. Is there any way that I can fix this? Before
    the upgrade I could click the bottom and it worked fine.

The second problem is that I'm unable to highlight text when I hold the touchpad down and drag the pointer. This was how I always highlighted text before and the pointer just passes over the text without selecting any text. I tried in IE, Word, etc., and
    it is the same in all.

I appreciate any help or advice. I was glad to figure out how to get my cursor back, but now the touch pad is almost unusable and I really don't want to go back to a mouse.

Thanks

marycb16, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... - Similar Threads - Touchpad cursor keeps

2. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  3. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  4. Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text: Hello, I have encountered a strange problem. When I move to the taskbar, the cursor was an I-beam! This was caused by program crashes. Can you give me a solution to fix it?...
  5. I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...: I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma and I cannot see the blue very well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-the-color-of-the-highlighting/1c9fb9b4-9abf-41b1-a470-2c74a1d387b1
  6. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? - - - Updated - - - I may have fixed it. Went to device manager uninstalled ASUS precision touchpad. Then cntrol-alt-delete to sign out, then tab to...
  7. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? 139872
  8. Cannot drag windows, highlight text, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot drag windows, highlight text, etc.: Windows 10, Dell Optiplex 3040 Computer is up to date, drivers for Logitech keyboard and mouse are up to date. I've tried adjusting mouse and keyboard settings, running the troubleshooter, etc. I restore the computer to 2/11/19 since it was working last week just fine but...
  9. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  10. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.: While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cursor keeps highlighting text