Windows 10: touchpad/cursor laggy!!

Discus and support touchpad/cursor laggy!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so far ive asked this question twice but id like to provide the things ive done that have failed1. i have tried updating my drivers2. i have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elektratbh, May 12, 2021.

1. touchpad/cursor laggy!!

so far ive asked this question twice but id like to provide the things ive done that have failed1. i have tried updating my drivers2. i have tried shutting my laptop down and turning it back on3. i have updated my laptop4.i have tried to turn off the "delay before clicks"5.i have tried to turn off "smart gestures" or whatever u call it6. i have tried to turn on/off "scroll inactive windows"none of these soloutions have worked, and i dont think something is wrong with the touchpad physically because i still have a chromebook and the touchpad is cracked and still works , this pro

:)

elektratbh, May 12, 2021

2. Lost touchpad and cursor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?

However, we would suggest you to follow the steps mention in this

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    article and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 12, 2021
  3. Touchpad/cursor not working after windows 10 download.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and
    touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 12, 2021
  4. Joan Pin Win User

touchpad/cursor laggy!!

Lost touchpad cursor after Windows Update

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're getting this concern is due to system conflicts such as outdated drivers. To better assist you with the touchpad query, we'd like to ask a few questions:

We also suggest that you revive the unresponsive touchpad. To do this, you may check the steps below:

• Open Settings and click Devices.
    • Select Mouse and touchpad option and click Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Select the tab that names your laptop's touchpad, usually named after the brand and the touchpad model.
    • If you don’t see such a tab, go to the tab labeled Device Settings or
      ELAN where you can find your touchpad listed under Devices.
    • Click on the touchpad to select and press the Enable button.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, May 12, 2021
Thema:

touchpad/cursor laggy!!

1. touchpad/cursor laggy!! - Similar Threads - touchpad cursor laggy

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. How to fix laggy touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix laggy touchpad and mouse: Hello I just bought a SGIN windows 11 laptop yesterday and now my touchpad is lagging and the mouse keeps opening random tabs. I really don’t wanna return because I just got it, so I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the problem....
  4. How to fix laggy touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laggy touchpad and mouse: Hello I just bought a SGIN windows 11 laptop yesterday and now my touchpad is lagging and the mouse keeps opening random tabs. I really don’t wanna return because I just got it, so I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the problem....
  5. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  6. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  7. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  8. touchpad/cursor is very laggy at times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad/cursor is very laggy at times: im not sure exactly whats happening, ive tried a lot of things that google has recomended me , and still nothing has helped, my cursor tends to lag and glitch at times and it gets very annoying and most of the times ill have to shut my laptop off completely...
  9. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  10. Laggy Cursor on Windows 10

Laggy Cursor on Windows 10: When i move my mouse the cursor will freeze for a second then it will keep moving. This problem is affecting me playing games and effectively getting around the screen. Things i have tried : Updating and Reinstalling Driver Scanning for corrupt files Cleaning actual...