Windows 10: Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

Discus and support Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3 today and right away when I opened it out of the box, there was no cursor available and there was no response... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sara622, Jun 22, 2020.

1. sara622 Win User

Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

I bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3 today and right away when I opened it out of the box, there was no cursor available and there was no response when using the touchpad. When I connect a USB wireless mouse to the laptop, a cursor reappears and I am able to click and navigate as normal with the mouse but still no response when I try to move the cursor with the touchpad. As soon as I disconnect my mouse, the cursor disappears again.

I went online and tried various solutions such as downloading and installing Windows updates, updating and uninstalling the drivers, and making sure that the touchpad is on in the control panel but it made no difference. Is this an issue that can be fixed or do I need to return this laptop?

:)

sara622, Jun 22, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Touchpad and cursor won't work!!

Thank you for your response. I know some times new things need the kinks worked out before they start functioning properly. Anyway I fixed the problem with the touchpad and cursor. I followed the suggestions to go directly to the Asus website and download
    the drivers for the touchpad. I did this rebooted and it still wasn't working. So I went into the touchpad settings on the computer and clicked roll back to last driver. Rebooted and voila...touchpad and cursor worked. So I'm not sure which fixed it the
    new driver download from Asus website or going back to last driver. It looks like the roll back did the trick but I would think that either actions would work. Hope that helps.

bingham121, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

No Cursor on Asus Laptop-Touchpad works!

I have a fairly new Asus X540SA. My touchpad works, but I cannot get a cursor to log in/type. I have tried to disable the touchpad fn+f9, but nothing happens. I've also plugged in a usb mouse and
    still cannot get a cursor. Help!

Sarah Daughtrey, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

1. Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop - Similar Threads - Touchpad cursor working

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  4. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...
  6. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...
  7. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cursor/ touchpad not working

Cursor/ touchpad not working: My cursor just stopped working and disappeared when I was trying to search something up. There's also no response from my touchpad. I've done the following as of right now: restarted my laptop, shut it down for about 2 hours in case I overworked it, reset settings for my...
  9. Brand New Surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Surface Go: I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to...
  10. Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2: My touchpad stopped working after a few months. I think it is the I2C HID Device that is the cause [ATTACH] I have tried to uninstall the driver and the restart the computer and in the beginning it worked but then after a while I got the same error again. But now it...