Windows 10: touchpad/cursor not working

Discus and support touchpad/cursor not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] so my windows 10 lg gram is missing its cursor. I previously just rebooted my laptop and it would come back, but that doesn't work anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xiaomaome101, Jan 29, 2021.

1. touchpad/cursor not working

touchpad/cursor not working 9Zd1p9nksKanCmxqRsQQJ3KPF9hVt5IojukM219-tNM.jpg

so my windows 10 lg gram is missing its cursor. I previously just rebooted my laptop and it would come back, but that doesn't work anymore even after like, 6 tries. I thought it only happened after waking up from hibernation, but it's also an issue when I turn it on too. Also, it's happening very often, like, every day now. Oddly enough, by bluetooth mouse still works, but the second I shut if off, then the cursor disappears. The following fixes did not do the job:

1. Restore points
    2. the fn keys, turning on the touch pad does nothing
    3. touchpad/mouse settings
    4. updating/rolling back drivers: I do not have a touchpad driver and the mouse driver only shows up when it is connected, and its not the problem to begin with
    5. Malwarebytes and the default antivirus found nothing
    6. there is no hardware option for troubleshooting
    submitted by /u/xiaomaome101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xiaomaome101, Jan 29, 2021
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Touchpad/cursor not working after windows 10 download.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and
    touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 29, 2021
  4. touchpad/cursor not working

Touchpad and cursor won't work!!

Thank you for your response. I know some times new things need the kinks worked out before they start functioning properly. Anyway I fixed the problem with the touchpad and cursor. I followed the suggestions to go directly to the Asus website and download
    the drivers for the touchpad. I did this rebooted and it still wasn't working. So I went into the touchpad settings on the computer and clicked roll back to last driver. Rebooted and voila...touchpad and cursor worked. So I'm not sure which fixed it the
    new driver download from Asus website or going back to last driver. It looks like the roll back did the trick but I would think that either actions would work. Hope that helps.

bingham121, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

touchpad/cursor not working

1. touchpad/cursor not working - Similar Threads - touchpad cursor working

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  4. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor: I switched on my hp laptop earlier today and I realize that the touchpad is not working and it’s not displayed cursor on it I have been trying so hard to restart it but is not going through Need someone to help me out please...
  6. Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor: I switched on my hp laptop earlier today and I realize that the touchpad is not working and it’s not displayed cursor on it I have been trying so hard to restart it but is not going through Need someone to help me out please...
  7. Touchpad not working and not displaying cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED

TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED: my touchpad not working. I use Fn + F7 key but it can't help. then I go to device manager but there mice and other pointing device option is missing. Then I restart my laptop but it can't help. Then I try to install drivers from manufacturer's website and it's showing my...
  9. Cursor/ touchpad not working

Cursor/ touchpad not working: My cursor just stopped working and disappeared when I was trying to search something up. There's also no response from my touchpad. I've done the following as of right now: restarted my laptop, shut it down for about 2 hours in case I overworked it, reset settings for my...
  10. Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared

Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared: Hello, I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working. I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers...