Windows 10: Touchpad disabled after com0com install

Discus and support Touchpad disabled after com0com install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed the com0com null modem cable emulator on my new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 (build 19042.572). The install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank O, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Frank O Win User

Touchpad disabled after com0com install

I just installed the com0com null modem cable emulator on my new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 (build 19042.572). The install seemed to go ok, and the two virtual com ports appear under Device Manager, but the laptop's touchpad is now disabled. As a workaround I'm temporarily using a USB mouse, which is functional. Any suggestions on resolving this? Thanks in advance.

:)

Frank O, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Touchpad disabled after com0com install - Similar Threads - Touchpad disabled com0com

2. Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad: Tried everything to disable my touchpad and there is no way in my settings to disable it. Then I found that I have a Windows App called Synaptics Touchpad. I clicked the Start Button, clicked All Apps, scrolled down to Synaptics Touchpad, clicked it and it opened up and there...
  3. Disabling Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Touchpad: Using a USB mouse and would like to turn off touchpad. However for my version of Windows 10 there is no option in Touchpad setting in Control Panel to disable touchpad. Home Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043...
  4. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: Windows 10, HP laptop, Pavilion I cannot find the best forum for this question and was directed here. I cannot keep my fingers off the touchpad, and cannot uninstall it. Here are the steps I have taken. Please advise as to what I should do differently. Hold down the...
  5. Disable Touchpad

Disable Touchpad: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and Windows 10. I have tried everything to try and disable touchpad but have been unsuccessful. Under touchpad on the settings it only allows me to have low sensitivity but nothing gives me option to disable. Can you help? I have tried...
  6. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: How can I disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/3768a8f6-533c-4f10-a161-2155e92daa03
  7. disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable the touchpad: Hi I couldn't find a way to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-touchpad/2f8562a7-db06-4883-a0e4-c35325b0b06b
  8. Disabling touchpad

Disabling touchpad: OK, once again Microsoft has chosen to "upgrade" Windows 10 and once again has NEGATIVELY impacted my computer. How do we now DISABLE the annoying touchpad on HP computers? Before this past update we had the option of disabling the feature....
  9. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: How to disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/f428698e-7f74-4aa6-9c6b-be1431f17d6d
  10. Disable TouchPad

Disable TouchPad: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R500 laptop on which Win 10 hasbeen installed. The laptop was given to me just to try Win 10. I dislike usingthe touch pad and want to disable it but I can't do it. One way that issupposed to work is to go to Control Panel and bring up the mouse icon....