Windows 10: Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

Discus and support Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: Touch pad didn't work. I turned my computer on and off and the touch pad stopped working for some reason. I tried restarting did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Touch_Pad_Issue, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

Problem: Touch pad didn't work. I turned my computer on and off and the touch pad stopped working for some reason.

I tried restarting did not work.

I tried using the fn + f7 command where you can turn on an off the track pad did not work.

I tired going into settings to locate the touch pad settings and it didn't have its own subsection neither was it under mouse

I tried going into bios and the touch pad settings is still not there

I tried going into device manager and trying to locate the touch pad driver to see if it need to be updated.

I also tried using "Show Hidden Devices" and the touch pad is still not there.

I tried updating my laptop with the latest windows update and touch-pad settings still not there.

Is there any other solutions I can try out or is this just a hardware issue at this point?

:)

Touch_Pad_Issue, Jan 15, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 15, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

Microsoft Teredo Tunelling Adapter doesn´t exist

My teredo tunneling adapter is non-existant on my pc, I´ve tried adding it by legacy hardware but it wasn´t there, I've set DisabledComponents to 0, it doesn´t show up when i view hidden devices and there´s no download for this driver apparently, I´ve
    tried a lot of solutions and nothing has worked for me.

Please help me, i can´t play multiplayer games with my friends and neither use party chat on the Xbox App.

carlosrdz117, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

1. Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist - Similar Threads - Touchpad does Can't

2. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings: Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad gestures. A search on this Windows Support forum yeilded a topic that directed you on how to update drivers within the Device...
  3. delete file that does not seem to exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete file that does not seem to exist: I'm having a super weird problem. I have an external 2 TB Seagate hard drive. If I connect the drive to a USB port on my laptop there is only one folder I can see . If I connect the same drive to my router Netgear C3700 and view the files via ReadyShare, there are bunch of...
  4. The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when...

The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when...: Hi, I want to disable touchpad when mouse is connected, and enable it after removing the mouse. My setting is as the screenshot. Laptop: Lenovo Y740 Mousewireless: Logitech M185 [ATTACH] However, after removing the mouse receiver, the touchpad still does not work. If...
  5. Mouse seems to not like working in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse seems to not like working in game: (I'm not too well versed in computer details, please bear with me) As the title says, my computer mouse seems to not work whenever I open games. I have an ONN wireless mouse, model ONA19HOOO6 my system information is as follows; Windows 10 Dell laptop, ver. 10.0.17763 Build...
  6. Windows doesn't seem to be working

Windows doesn't seem to be working: Startup menu - get error message that tells me it will try to fix if I sign out No Cortana search box - can't type anything into it Links in various sections of the Home area get no respone - such as "get help" or "provide feedback" - nothing happens when I click on the...
  7. Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.

Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.: First of all, I'm running Windows 10 on a 2017 MacBook Air with BootCamp and I gave Windows a 125 GB partition. I want to change the touchpad settings because I can't tap to click but when I expand "Mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager screen the only thing...
  8. Update does not seem to be working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update does not seem to be working: Did a clean install a couple weeks ago (Win 10 Pro 64bit v1709, build 16299.309). However, every time I check for updates I get 'you are up to date'. However, my wife's 10 Pro (same version and build) has updated several time since December and is currently installing...
  9. Sleep option completely gone, like it never existed. Can't find at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep option completely gone, like it never existed. Can't find at all: So right after i got the creators update, i had to transfer my PC from one case to another. In that process, the BIOS got reset, not that i ever really played with power saving features aside from ones necessary to overclock. Regardless, i always preferred to sleep my system....
  10. Windows finds homegroup that doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows finds homegroup that doesn't exist.: I have multiple PCs in my house, one that I use myself, and one that is used by the others. Now I need to transfer about 80GB from one PC to the other, and I decided to try the homegroup thingy. Now I never set it up, not on my PC, nor on theirs, but since my bro is still...