Windows 10: Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

Discus and support Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: Touch pad didn't work. I turned my computer on and off and the touch pad stopped working for some reason. I tried restarting did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Touch_Pad_Issue, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

Problem: Touch pad didn't work. I turned my computer on and off and the touch pad stopped working for some reason.

I tried restarting did not work.

I tried using the fn + f7 command where you can turn on an off the track pad did not work.

I tired going into settings to locate the touch pad settings and it didn't have its own subsection neither was it under mouse

I tried going into bios and the touch pad settings is still not there

I tried going into device manager and trying to locate the touch pad driver to see if it need to be updated.

I also tried using "Show Hidden Devices" and the touch pad is still not there.

I tried updating my laptop with the latest windows update and touch-pad settings still not there.

Is there any other solutions I can try out or is this just a hardware issue at this point?

:)

Touch_Pad_Issue, Jan 15, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 15, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

Microsoft Teredo Tunelling Adapter doesn´t exist

My teredo tunneling adapter is non-existant on my pc, I´ve tried adding it by legacy hardware but it wasn´t there, I've set DisabledComponents to 0, it doesn´t show up when i view hidden devices and there´s no download for this driver apparently, I´ve
    tried a lot of solutions and nothing has worked for me.

Please help me, i can´t play multiplayer games with my friends and neither use party chat on the Xbox App.

carlosrdz117, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist

1. Touchpad does not work. Can't even find it under settings and it seems like it doesn't exist - Similar Threads - Touchpad does Can't

2. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  3. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  4. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. User under This PC doesn't seem to exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User under This PC doesn't seem to exist: My town had an electrical outage several weeks ago and now I seem to have the old user from my previous computer in my new one. The WildChild1954 user is the one that should be there. The deejh is the one from the previous computer. If I go to User Accounts on the Control...
  6. User under This PC doesn't seem to exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User under This PC doesn't seem to exist: My town had an electrical outage several weeks ago and now I seem to have the old user from my previous computer in my new one. The WildChild1954 user is the one that should be there. The deejh is the one from the previous computer. If I go to User Accounts on the Control...
  7. User under This PC doesn't seem to exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows SETTINGS EXTRACTOR - Do something like that even exists?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows SETTINGS EXTRACTOR - Do something like that even exists?: What's up redditors, I need ya help. I am building PC's really often or reinstalling Windows etc. I almost always lost like 30 mins just doing windows settings, uninstalling preinstalled apps, setting up power managment etc. Is there something like a program which will...
  9. Touchpad driver doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad driver doesn't exist: Hello. I bought a new laptop and the touchpad driver doesn't exist. These are the drivers that I have, and it only shows the mouse I connected. [ATTACH] Also, when I remove the mouse, the pointer and the driver disappears. Then, when I tried to download the driver from...
  10. delete file that does not seem to exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete file that does not seem to exist: I'm having a super weird problem. I have an external 2 TB Seagate hard drive. If I connect the drive to a USB port on my laptop there is only one folder I can see . If I connect the same drive to my router Netgear C3700 and view the files via ReadyShare, there are bunch of...