Windows 10: Touchpad does not work since I upgraded to win 10 from win 8

Discus and support Touchpad does not work since I upgraded to win 10 from win 8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to win 10 from 8 when it first came out, I have an Acer E 711 and have tried to reinstall the drivers from Acer's web site. I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by songs1writer, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Touchpad does not work since I upgraded to win 10 from win 8

Hi, I upgraded to win 10 from 8 when it first came out, I have an Acer E 711 and have tried to reinstall the drivers from Acer's web site.

I go into Device Management and it's not there even after the 20h02 update just the mouse, it's not even showing in the bios of the laptop so whatever the upgrade did it seems it took it completely out of the bios, I need to know how to reinstall it back into bios, also ever since your "upgrade" it green screens every so often out of nowhere then it lags on loading anything after for a time, it drops the wifi then it has to be completely restarted to reconnect, all these issues started after the install of win 10, its also not a compatible issue as I had one of your techs on line and he checked that it is compatible, oh and one more thing internal and external speakers work but not headphones

I have gone to read other people that have seemed to have the same problem but not one of you seem to ask if they see it in their bios, you run through all the usual, Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall but no one has asked if it's in their bios, and how can you uninstall something that's not there.

:)

songs1writer, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Jan 31, 2021
  3. rrsharpe Win User
    win 10 disable touchpad

After upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 on HP 15-d045nr laptop, cannot disable touchpad when usb mouse is installed. MANY MANY suggestions tried with no success. Help!!

rrsharpe, Jan 31, 2021
  4. RealNeil Win User

Touchpad does not work since I upgraded to win 10 from win 8

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad does not work since I upgraded to win 10 from win 8

1. Touchpad does not work since I upgraded to win 10 from win 8 - Similar Threads - Touchpad does since

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10: I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments]...
  6. MY COMPUTER HAS NOT WORKED WELL SINCE I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MY COMPUTER HAS NOT WORKED WELL SINCE I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10.: MY COMPUTER BARELY WORKS SINCE I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10. HAVE I BEEN HACKED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-has-not-worked-well-since-i-upgraded/8f1a17e1-427e-4a49-ac01-2f9925b96db3
  7. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck: You won't find this laptop in either of my specs and falls in the "sure I'll take a look at it" family category. My Nephew's Gateway NE56R48u was being upgraded to 10 when the upgrade hung in one of those moments that the machine needed to restart itself. The screen stayed...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418